Friday 26 February 2016

#AdviceWithGrace - Why I Wear Makeup?

Hi everyone,
Today's post is another post in my series of advice. I am super happy that you all enjoyed my first #AdviceWithGrace and I hope you all keep enjoying them. For today's post I am going to be talking more about makeup and reasons why you should wear it/ not wear it. Enjoy!

Wearing it for the Right Reasons
This is key because if your only wearing makeup to fit in or look like everyone else then you will not be happy. Makeup is not a mask and it's not a ticket to popularity so if your only wearing it to please someone or get attention then just stop. When it comes to applying makeup just think to yourself...
Why do I wear makeup?
Why should I have makeup on today?
Am I going to be happy with makeup on today?
Do I enjoy putting on makeup?
By asking yourself this you are able to tell whether your intentions are right. If you are wearing makeup for the wrong reasons I suggest that you just stop and think.

Wear Makeup for yourself
You put makeup on your face for you, not a friend, not a teacher, not a family member and not for the cutest guy in school. If you think the best way to impress someone is by pilling on loads of makeup, you couldn't be more far away from the truth. You should be wearing makeup because it makes you feel girly or it gives you confidence or you enjoy applying you makeup or you could just love experimenting. All of them reasons are the right ones but don't let them get too out of hand.

Don't Rely on it
Makeup isn't a helping hand, it's not a stepping stone and it's not a bonus point. If your wearing makeup to feel confident then that's great, but if you feel like you have to wear makeup every single day to be a confident, normal person then that's not okay. You can't put all of your confidence and happiness down to makeup, you should feel confident in every way whether you are bare face or wearing makeup.

Think about you age
I know that I am not really the best person to be talking about this because I am only 13 but age does matter. If you are 11 and you are caking your face with makeup on a regular basis, you are only going to make it worse in the future. If you are younger (like myself) think about more light products instead of heavy products. When you are young you have amazing skin, the best skin you will ever have, so don't loose that too quickly by wearing makeup everyday.

Makeup is not to cover
I feel like a lot of people forget about this, makeup is not to cover it is to enhance. Of coarse everyone wears makeup for different reasons but you shouldn't be using it to cover. For instance, lets say you have dark circles, highlight under them to enhance your under eyes, contour your face to enhance your bone structure. if you are using makeup to cover then you are using it like a mask. Masks don't make all your problems go away, neither does makeup

Why I wear makeup
I am 13, I am not going to lie, I am young to be wearing makeup but in case you didn't know I suffer with very bad acne. Since was a early starter in puberty, I got all the stuff that came with it. Acne was part of that and it just kept on getting worse. My skin is also sensitive which means a lot of the products that normal people use, make my skin react in a different way. I wear makeup because I love wearing it. I love putting on my makeup and seeing were it takes me. Trying out new products and new looks, honestly excites me. Saying that, I don't wear makeup to school. School for me is a learning environment, not a "I need to look good" event. I might not be the most confident person in school but I don't feel the need to put makeup on to feel myself. 

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know whether you enjoyed it or even benefited you. Have a great day!
Grace xx

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely loved the post Grace. Really enjoyed how this is something slightly different but still something I have a great interest in. Also, I have found out that I wear makeup for the right reasons haha, and that's mostly that I love applying it lol. You should do more posts like this xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Charlotte! Glad you enjoyed!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Loved this and I hope you make #advicewithgrace a series! Sometimes I feel like I wear make-up to cover up me underneath but now I'm getting better at using make-up as you say to enhance my face, not hide it!! Bo xx

    meetmeinmelford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that and I will be sure to make this a upcoming series!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I loved this post and think you should definitely turn this into a series! I totally agree though like I wear makeup because I love wearing it and experimenting with it and I wear it for me, not anyone else. I love your blog a lot. Ellie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this so much Grace! You should definitely do more posts like this, I can;t wait to read them. x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this series and completely agree with the enhance not cover idea xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an inspiring post! I'd love to read more posts like this from you xx
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, since it went down so well I probably will!
      xx

      Delete
  8. Loved this post as usual, can't wait for more of these posts!
    www.thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete