Sunday 15 January 2017

Makeup I Am Currently Loving...

Since I didn't do a December favourites, and it's a little late now, I thought that I would share with you five makeup products that I have been using a lot lately. Some are rediscoveries and some are completely new that I have fallen in love with.
I am going to start with the makeup brushes, I got these for Christmas off my parents because I did ask for them, and I am so pleased with them. They are by Real Techniques and they are the duo fibre set. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I swear by my Rucci Professional large duo fibre stippling brush, but I know how hard it is to get hold of so I wanted to find something similar to it but from Superdrug. This set comes with three brushes, two for the face and one for the eyes. I have not used the eye brush just yet because I am still trying to figure out what to use it for because it is a bit unique. Anyway, the two face brushes I have been living for recently. There is a large fluffy one which is amazing and a smaller, more dense one which I have been loving for foundation. Both apply and blend product beautifully and I hope that you can still get hold of this! Also noticed that they are 20% off right now, so get them before they go because they are limited edition.

Next up we have a concealer, which I finally got my right shade in. It is the LA Girl Pro Concealer Concealer, I actually now have this concealer in three shades because online, the shades are a little dodgy but I finally got a shade that matches me. When I had the wrong colour, I felt as thought I could give a fair review on it so now that I finally have my shade I can call my final verdict, it is amazing! This concealer is a mixture of medium coverage and lightweight, it is beautiful. It is very comparable to the Naked Skin Concealer by Urban Decay because it is super lightweight, blendable, pigmented and has a lovely finish. One thing I don't like is the packaging but I can handle it for the amazing product inside.

Now I am going to go onto a blush and bronzing duo that I have finally gotten round to using. Last year in March, I went to Orlando on holiday and I obviously did some makeup shopping and I picked up an Elf Blushing and Bronzing Duo in St. Lucia, but it has been sitting in the back of my draws for almost a year and I have finally pulled it out to try it. I have mostly been using the bronzer because it is such a lovely colour, it is quite neutral which is different for me because all of my other bronzers are very warm. It also had gold glitter in it which I think will look great in the warm months. The blush I have not really played with too much because when I swatch it, it is very powdery and has a lot of chunky glitter in it, which isn't really my style. I will keep try it out but I love this duo anyway because the bronzer is so good.

Moving onto brows, recently I have really been liking a softer brow look, something a little more natural. You all know I love my ABH brow pomade but it is quite heavy so I wanted a powder that would help me achieve something lighter. I bought this one from Freedom, it's their Duo Brow Powder and mine it in the shade soft brown. At the moment, I have been loving this, the colour is great, the colour is super pigmented and it blends really well. I use both colours, the lighter one nearer the front and the darker one at the end, and I love the effect it leaves. This is definitely something I would recommend to anyone, it's a great little compact and it is a few pounds which is hard to believe.

The last product I am going to mention today is a new mascara. I am on the hunt for a mascara that is just as good or even better then my Maybelline one. This one by Benefit it close, it is their Bad Gal Lash mascara. I am not a fan of Rollerlash and They're Real is good but I love Bad Gal. The wand is huge but I like that for my upper lashes because it grabs every lash. It is super black and I find that it really helps lengthen and hold my curl. I will keep having to test it to see whether it can beat my Maybelline one, but this is definitely a gooden that I think should be talked about more.

What have you been loving lately?
Grace xx

6 comments:

  1. I recently picked up the LA Girl concealer too and I'm scared to try it incase it is the wrong shade haha! I didn't even know Real Techniques did a duo fiber set, will have to look out for them!
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brushes are so good, let me know how the LA Girl concealer is for you!xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard amazing things about the LA Girl concealer and that Elf duo! It looks like a NARS Laguna/Orgasm duo dupe x

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard a few people call them dupes but sadly I don't have the Nars one to be able to compare them!xx

      Delete
  3. I tried the LA Girl concealer a long, long time ago & wasn't the biggest fan. I ended up giving it away to a friend. How do you like it apply it?

    Nicole | The Glam Surge // Enter My Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just apply it in a triangle under my eyes and anywhere else I want to highlight and then I will blend it with a sponge. xx

      Delete