Sunday 12 February 2017

Valentines Beauty Products!

Since Valentines is only a matter of days away, I thought I would share with you some of my favourite makeup products for this time of year. If you are (like me) spending Valentines alone this year then feel free to treat yourself to some of these products this year, because I know what I am going to be treating myself to!

Starting off with some makeup products, a blush I think that is totally appropriate for the day representing love, the Too Faced Sweetheart Blush. I have already reviewed this product a while back so I will link that here, but this blush is so beautiful and natural looking. It gives your skin a touch of colour while making your skin look naturally luminous.
A highlighter I think would look beautiful on Valentines is the Makeup Revolution Peach Lights Highlighter. Normally, I am not a big fan of this product because of it's unusual pink/purple undertones but I think it would look flattering with a pink or red lip. This is quite an intense highlighter, it is chunky but I think if you like a bold highlighter then you will love this.
We all know that glitter is a girl's best friend and a red glitter is the perfect way to make a statement with your Valentines makeup look. The red glitter I have is Reigning Riches Mac Glitter but it was limited edition, so I have linked another Mac alternative but I know NYX do pigments that you can easily use for a smaller price tag. Anyway, I think this would look amazing on everyone, especially if you have blue eyes, just paired with a simple nude lip. 
An eye shadow palette which I think really flatters this time of year is the MUA Paradise Eye Shadow Palette. This comes with a great range of pink shades mixed with bronzes, purples and a burgundy. One of these shades on the eyelid with some warm browns in the crease would look amazing on Valentines day. For such an affordable price, the quality is amazing also.
Onto some lip products, I tried to keep it quite predictable with reds and pinks. A tinted red lip balm is more natural but still maintaining the love spirit. My favourite is Benefit Benebalm which just gives my lips a tint of colour and a glossy finish also.
Something a little more pigmented but still perfect for someone who is not into the bright red lipstick, a lip stain. This Rimmel Lip Stain in Kiss Me is lovely, the colour is very pigmented but it is a weak shade of red and the balm on the other side can give you an extra glossy finish.
Now for someone who loves a bold lip, the MUA Paint Box in Rose Rouge is perfect for a red or pink lip lover. I love this palette because it comes with five different shades, all able to customize to create your perfect shade. All shades are extremely pigmented and it is a great little compact to keep in your bag. The colours do leave a glossy finish but you can powder them down to a more matte/ satin finish which depends on what you want.
A nail polish which I know I am going to be wearing on Valentines is a beautiful pale pink. The Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Nail Polish in Kiss Me Quick is one of my favourite shades of all time but it is perfect for this time of year. The shade is natural, would go with almost anything and would flatter every skin tone.
Finally on a fragrance, Victoria Secret Bombshell Perfume is a classic flirtatious and sexy scent, perfect for Valentines. The scent is very feminine and sophisticated which lasts great on the skin once set with powder and I think everyone of all ages can pull off this scent.

Have you tried any of these products?
Grace xx

4 comments:

  1. The Too Faced blushes are stunning, the packaging is so pretty! xx

    Phoebe & Abida | phoebida.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a good post, really enjoyed reading it!! xx

    ReplyDelete