Friday 3 March 2017

Bloggers Spill Tea W/ PrettilyPainted

It's Friday and that means another spilling tea episode. This one features the lovely Prettily Painted. I hope you enjoy, and as always her blog will be linked at the end of this post as well as all of the other interviews within this series.

1. Describe your blog in a sentence?
I'd say my blog is girly, fun and a place that I hope my readers enjoy!!

2. Does your blog name have any special meaning behind it?
Not really, it's just a name I came up with and I liked it so Prettily Painted was born!!

3. What//Who made you start blogging?
I'd say Zoe Sugg and Tanya Burr definitely influenced me when it came to starting a blog, but I also just really loved the idea of being able to share my thoughts online for others to read.

4. Where do you get inspiration from to write your blog posts?
I tend to look through endless blogpost ideas posts and I also put my spin on YouTube videos that I've seen.

5. What do you do to prepare before uploading a blog post?
I firstly take the photos for the post so that I remember everything I need to write about, then I'll go on to write the post before finally editing it, reading it through and then scheduling the date and time for when it's going to be published.

6. What makes you want to blog consistently?
Just seeing the lovely comments on my posts and actually knowing that someone somewhere has actually enjoyed what I've written.

7. Do you like interacting with other bloggers?
Yes, even though I don't interact with a lot but those that I do talk to are always so lovely and it's nice to be able to talk about blogging without being afraid of judgement.

8. Have you ever followed a blog just to be nice even if you don't like it?
Yes, I do read a couple of their possession every now and then, but if I generally don't like the blog after a month I will unfollow.

9. What do you love and hate most about the blogging community?
I love being able to share my feelings with other people that feel how I do and also that every blogger seems to have such amazing insta feeds! However I don't like all the negativity that goes around, especially on Twitter.

10. Do you ever feel like no one remembers that you have feelings?
Personally I've never had to read a hate comment about me or my blog, but seeing them on others always makes me sad inside because that blogger may have tried so hard on a post and yet still someone tries to bring them down.

11. Do you feel like the bigger you get, the smaller of a relationship you have with your readers?
I like to think that this isn't true with my blog and if I carry on blogging in the future I hope that I will always interact with my readers. Although I definitely see it on other blogs that have a big following but I guess it's hard to keep track of lots of comments on top of everything else!

12. What opportunities have you gotten from blogging?
I've been invited to two events, both which I sadly could not attend because of them being in London. However I'm still incredibly grateful to have been asked! 

13. If you were to receive no views or comments on a blog post that you worked really hard on and you were super proud of it, how would you feel and what would your next step be to make sure that you don't experience it again?
It does make me feel a little sad and disappointed inside because I generally did work really hard on it. But to make sure that never happens again I always make sure that maybe more pictures are shown and less writing or vice versa. 

14. What is your response to people that say blogging is easy?
I do find it quite funy you because I feel like non-bloggers think that all we do is sit in front of a computer and type and take a few pictures when really it's so much more than that!!

15. Have you ever came across or noticed bloggers that do it for the fame or money?
I've heard of a few, and it's quite sad because there are genuine bloggers out there that really do work hard and never get recognised and yet there are certain bloggers that maybe only do it for free items or money.

16. What do you think shows that a blogger is in it for products/ money/ fame?
Personally I think it's when literally all there posts have something sponsored in them and they continually go on about them or they do one Instagram or blogpost about the products and never talk about them again after! For the fame I feel like the fake follower craze is quite big at the moment and it's easy to see who has genuine followers because of the likes they receive on their pictures. 

17. Do you think that there is a certain time or milestone that you should reach before earning money from blogging?
I don't think there is a necessary time, I just think that if you put in the time and effort eventually you will be approached by brands whether that's when your in your teens or in your adult life.

18. Is there a certain post/ colaboration (etc.) that you really regret doing?
No, because if I generally don't like the post or collaboration I'll stop writing it straight away because I become really unmotivated to write it. I usually message the blogger that I'm doing the collab with and see if I can adapt the post a little and that usually makes me more motivated to write it.

19. Do you like reading sponsored content? and why?
I do but at the same time I don't because it's easy to tell when a post has been rushed and not much effort has been put into it and that really puts me off. However I do also like reading them if the blogger has really put time and effort into the post and genuinely enjoy the product.

20. In your opinion, is there anything wrong with sponsored content?
No, as long as you put the effort in with the post and don't rush it then I think to perfectly fine!!

Can you relate to any of these answers?
Grace xx

Links Mentioned:
Prettily Painted's Blog - http://prettilypainted.blogspot.co.uk/

Other Bloggers Spill Tea:
Introduction - http://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/a-new-series-bloggers-spill-tea.html
Thrifty Vintage Fashion - http://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/bloggers-spill-tea-w.html
Emsi Rose - https://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/bloggers-spill-tea-w-emsi-rose.html

No comments:

Post a Comment