Thursday 24 August 2017

Minimal Makeup - ALL DRUGSTORE AND CRUELTY FREE

I have really been loving writing up these makeup tutorials so let me know whether you want me to keep on doing them and what type you want me to do next. You may or may not know this but currently, I am trying to grow a cruelty free makeup collection and even though I will still use and mention some of my animal tested makeup, I want to start sharing all cruelty free makeup looks to inspire all of you. Don't feel like you need to go cruelty free because that is not the point, I am doing these posts just to show you the endless possibilities even with a "limited" amount of brands.
My best friend Penny is who inspired me to go cruelty free and as always I will like her socials down below but one of her biggest pet peeves is when people message her saying that going cruelty free is super expensive. Sure, growing and purchasing a whole new collection can come to quite a few pounds but people think that cruelty free makeup is the most expensive on the market, and just to open your eyes up a little, it is the complete opposite. My aim of this blog post is to show you an all drugstore and cruelty free makeup look so you can just see how affordable being cruelty free can be.
This makeup is super minimal just because it is summer currently where I live so I wanted to do something lightweight and natural. You also really loved my last makeup tutorial that I did not including foundation so I wanted to do another.

For primer, one of my favourites is the Barry M Flawless Colour Correcting Primer (£5.99), this is super smoothing and balmy on the skin. With it being colour correcting, it evens out your skin tone without needing foundation so if you have some discoloration, you too can skin foundation and just use a colour correcting primer like this one.
Even though we are not using foundation, there still might be places we want to just lightly cover like under our eyes to highlight and spot conceal. My favourite concealer in summer is the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer (£4.49), because it is super hydrating and good coverage. I tend to apply this just under my eyes, chin and forehead but you could apply this anywhere on your face. We are also going to double this up later as an eye primer but I will get into that later.
To set the under eyes and just mattify the face a little, I am using the Freedom Powder in Queen (£5.00), this powder is a super luminous and hydrating face powder which is perfect for summer because it can take away some of the oil but it can also keep your skin looking smooth and hydrated. This powder comes in a pack which I just recently reviewed so I will link that at the end so you can get a few more details but I will be using another powder from the pack in a second.
Onto bronzer, using one of my favourites, the NYX Matte Bronzer in Light (£8.00). What I love about this bronzer the most is that it is such a great, natural colour. I apply this on a fluffy, large face brush and just dust it across my cheekbones, temples and jawline. This bronzer is matte and looks great on a fair/medium skin tone so it is super natural for summer.
Blush, I am using my favourite one for summer, the Natural Collection Blush in Peach Melba (£1.99). These blushes are so incredible and so affordable but don't be fooled, they are an amazing formula. This shade is the perfect natural peach shade, perfect for a natural flush.
Finally for the face, I wanted to still include an intense highlighter just to add something to this look. A current highlighter favourite of mine is the Freedom Powder in Bad Habit (In same pack as Queen), which is the one from the same set as that face powder we used before. This highlighter is so metallic and intense but perfect for the look just to add a little something something. You can go and read my review of this set which will include swatches and everything (link below) but take my word for it, amazing!
Stupid me forgot to add my brow product into the picture but it was the Elf Brow Pencil in Taupe (£3.00). I actually really love this brow pencil, for me, it does the job. It is creamy and pigmented, I also find that I don't have to set this just because it is so waxy, it actually sets on it's own. I also love how it comes with its own spoolie, a super great product and a bargain too.
Like I said before, going back in with that concealer, just to sharpen up those brows and primer those eyelids. Doing this will just allow everything to apply nicely and smoothly.
For eye shadow, I am using a current favourite once again, it is the MUA Fire Vixen Eye Shadow Palette (£5.00). This palette is unbelievable, hopefully the review of this will already be below, so once again, it will be linked at the end. Obviously with this shade range, you could create anything but I used some of the matte browns in the crease and that bottom left, light white shade on the lid, inner corner and brow bone.
Skipping the liner, and for mascara, I am using the Collection Volumax Waterproof Mascara (£5.99). Turns out, a lot of these products I have already reviewed so I will try my best to link them all down below. Anyway, this mascara is fab, with it being waterproof, you know that it is not going to melt off throughout the day and it is super black and volumizing so just a goo all round mascara. It also includes a primer which I sometimes use, but you don't have to.
Finally for lips, I am using my favourite lip product for the summer, the Collection Lip Colour in Fudge Delight (£3.99). Again, this has been reviewed (sorry if this is repetitive) but I am so obsessed with this formula. The shade is just a nice nude, not too pale, too warm or too dark, just the perfect all round daily shade. In terms of formula, it feels like a balm but looks like a glossy lipsticks, perfect for this warm season. It also contains spf 15 to protect you lips, a great product.
I hope you liked this post and you feel a little inspired!
Do you want to see more all drugstore makeup looks?
Grace xx

Links Mentioned:

Reviews of Products Included:

12 comments:

  1. All of the products you've mentioned in this post are so inexpensive! Being cruelty free also, what a combo.
    www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! and there are so many brands that are both!xx

      Delete
  2. There are so many cruelty-free UK drugstore brands I haven't been able to try yet! There are only a few available in the US like Elf, Nyx, and Milani but it would be nice to have a variety :) Best of luck with switching your collection over! I find it difficult not to mention my non-cruelty free favorites, too

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it difficult to not mention non-cruelty free products too because I want to remain honest to my readers!xx

      Delete
  3. There are so many great looking products here! I love the look of the MUA palette, it has so many gorgeous colours xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so obsessed with the MUA Palette at the moment!xx

      Delete
  4. I've been finding it quite hard staying cruelty free due to my skin tone and the fact that most of these brands aren't available where I live. It's such a shame! Props to you for making the transition xx Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I can understand why you find it difficult, maybe one day though, you will make the change too!xx

      Delete
  5. I'm glad we now have such a large variety of cruelty-free brands in the UK- NYX is definitely one of my favourites, I've loved everything I've tried and would love to give this bronzer a whirl!

    Gabija, everylittlethingblog.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend the NYX bronzer, and NYX as a brand never fails to impress me either!xx

      Delete
  6. i love drugstore cruelty-free makeup, i tend to use the same few brands but i've found some amazing products. i love the look of the mua palette. lovely post xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete