Sunday 10 September 2017

Current Makeup Bag Favourites

Just thought that I would add in an extra post this week because I really wanted to share with you some staple products in my makeup routine which I have really been enjoying lately. Obviously, these will not be in a monthly favourites because they are not discoveries or anything like that but they are products that I have been reaching for a lot and wanted to share with you. 
These products are also like products that are perfect for the transition between summer and autumn, which I am so excited for.
PS... Primer Water
I am not going to do this in any sort of order but starting with this primer water which is £2 from Primark, and it is great. To be honest, I am not really sure whether this would make a good primer on its own because I always pair it with a pore filling primer for a smoothing finish but I really love this just to prep and hydrate the face. The spray and bottle etc. are all great, a lot of product comes out in one spray so three sprays can cover my whole face. Once I have sprayed it, I just tend to blend it in with a fluffy face brush just to make sure the product has sunken into the skin. Would definitely recommend this just as a little prep before makeup just to wake up the skin and enhance the amount of time it wears for.

Rimmel Match Perfection
Sadly this foundation is not cruelty free so I did start using this just to get rid of it but it is a beautiful foundation. There are other foundations I love but I have been reaching for this one a lot recently. I like it a lot because it is very glowy and makes my skin just look so dewy and healthy which is my aim all year round. I find that this foundation is super appropriate for summer because it is super lightweight but the coverage is great and the finish is obviously beautiful so this has been great to me over the past few weeks. Usually, I apply one to two pumps and apply it with a sponge just all around my face and that gives a super natural skin-like finish but it still covers everything I want it to.
Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe
At the moment and intense brow has been everything for me. I have been wear a very insta-brow look a lot recently and it is all because of this product. I don't wear this every time I wear makeup because it can be a little time consuming and all but when I am going glam or full coverage or doing a lot of eye shadow, I like to have very sharp and clean brows. I am probably not the best when talking about application but I tend to do my brows before any other part of my makeup and use an angled brow brush. I put the pomade all through my brows but making the tail of my brow the most filled in and lightly filling in and blending the rest to give a little gradient but I will always carve out my brows because I always get super messy so just bare that in mind. I really like this pomade though because it is super easy to work with, the pigment is great and it blends well so when I over do my brows, it is quite easy to manipulate it.

Seventeen Soft Smudge Pencil Eye Kohl
Even though it is summer and most people tend to go light on the eyes, I have just been craving eye liner which is a little weird but I kind of love it. This Seventeen liner has been my favourite because it is pigmented and creamy but it does not get half way down my cheeks throughout the day. I tend to only wear this when I have a lot of eye shadow going on to bring some more definition to my eyes and I am really liking how it looks. I always seem to put it on my upper lash line and my water line and even though it can look intense, I find it to be really flattering.
Makeup Revolution Ultra Bronze Bronzer
Who knows why I am obsessed with this because I don't even know but I am. Firstly, I love how it is weirdly big, I think it is funny and I like swirling my brush in such a big pan because it is the little things that make me happy. Saying that, the colour of it is just beautiful, not to orange, not too red and plus it's matte so it looks super natural and I love it. There is pigment to this product but it is not overwhelming and so I don't find myself going overboard when I use this. I have just been wearing this a lot recently and I just had to mention it. Plus it is like £3 which is mad but I would definitely recommend.

Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Palette
This eye shadow palette is always a favourite but around June time, I found myself neglecting it and so in August I had to pull it back out and play with it some more. I just love the super basic colours in it, I tend to stick to the matte browns and light shimmery shades but I love working with this formula and they never disappoint me when I wear it. I am definitely going to try and step out of my comfort zone and play with some of the purples and the green but we will have to see.
Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Likely
This liquid lip is everything! I have already review this and I will link it below but I had to mention it because it is so amazing. At the moment I have been wearing very warm, colourful eye looks and so I found myself struggling to find a lip that would match but this has matched every look. It is basically a warm, peachy nude lip but it is not too dark, light, warm or orange, it is just a perfect universal colour and I think it looks really flattering on. I also like the formula because it is not fully matte and it is super comfortable but still has a pretty finish and great pigment. Out of all of my lip products, this and my next product have not been put down since I got them.

Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in White Russian
Honestly, could be my favourite gloss of all time but it is definitely my favourite gloss at the moment. This gloss is a light nude which is not too pigmented, not sticky, long wearing, wet looking, goes with every lip colour and looks good on its own so what more could you want? I know that you might not believe me but if I have just mentioned everything you look for in a gloss, you need this. At the moment, I have been wearing this on top of Likely and on its own a lot. It just makes your lips look wet and it is so comfortable to wear. The pigment is not great and I'm not going to lie, sometimes I want more pigment but sometimes it is nice to just have an almost clear gloss to just add something to your lips. I cannot recommend this gloss enough to you guys so definitely try it if you are a gloss girl.
What makeup have you been liking recently?
Grace xx

Review of some of the products:
Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Palette - http://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/too-faced-sweet-peach-eye-shadow.html

14 comments:

  1. i love all your makeup posts!! might have to try out the bronzer because i've been after a large one for a while and for the price you can't go wrong!!

    mee xo
    itsmeexx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely selection of makeup! From a range of brands too. I have never tried any of these, but I want to see the Peach palette in person, just for a sniff, haha!
    www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours in the Peach palette, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one oneday. I haven't actually been wearing much makeup these past weeks, since I haven't really been going out, I bet that will change once I've started uni. Lovely post x

    Sophie's Spot

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Too Faced palette looks stunning! I want to try the Makeup Revolution bronzer, £3 for a bronzer sounds really good x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many stunning products here! I love the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette, it's a gorgeous palette xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how most of the products are so affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly love the Rimmel Foundation and the ABH pomade, I've never tried any Too Face eye shadow palettes but this one does look incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to get another Too Faced palette, they are so great!xx

      Delete