Thursday 28 September 2017

How I Style A Statement Red Skirt!

I am constantly seeing red pieces floating around the fashion industry and I am loving it. Red has always been a well loved colour of mine, probably from my brother and dad supporting Liverpool, but yeah and so I have been on the hunt for a few bold red pieces for my wardrobe. Before I start, I do also want to apologise for the awful lighting in these photos but I was really happy with this outfit and wanted to document it.
Obviously the main piece of this outfit is the skirt which I will link with everything else at the end of this post but as you can tell it is this fairly bright red shade. It did actually look a lot bright when I ordered it off line but getting it, it is quite a muted bright red shade if you get what I mean. This skirt is a mini length and it is in a stretchy denim material which I love because it is super flattering and just hugs my figure which I love. I wear this just above my hips to give it a high-waisted fit and so then I can wear high-waisted tops with this.
I decided to pair this with a cropped grey t-shirt which I love. It is super basic but I love how it has a slight high neck. I love how it is not super skin tight but it still has some structure to it. With this skirt, I feel like it maintains a super basic theme but because the top is grey it just makes the skirt the stand out since it is the main piece in this outfit.
For a jacket since it is getting colder now I am wearing this super oversized, light-wash denim jacket. I felt that because it is oversized it would just give this outfit a more comfy/casual vibe. This jacket is also distressed so it is super day-time appropriate. I also find that because it is a light blue denim shade that is goes really well with the grey and red.
To finish off this outfit, my shoes, just super basic with some plain white trainers. Plain white shoes you just can't go wrong with, they go with everything, and once again making this outfit super casual. It also doesn't hurt that these trainers are super comfortable and I also really love how they are low cut as I feel like, with the high-waisted mini skirt, they both really help to make my legs look longer. 

How would you style a statement red skirt like this?
Grace xx

8 comments:

  1. I would probably style it so similar to you! I'd add my staple hoops, and my Converse! Loved this post x

    mee xo
    itsmeexx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your style, it's such a cute skirt! xx

    Gemma Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skirt! I hardly ever wear red actually (I wear tons of burgundy though so that's close) but I love how you have styled it. Your jacket is lovely too, a denim jacket is always an essential for me! x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been living in my denim jacket lately!xx

      Delete
  4. The red skirt really suits you. I always wanted to try out bold red clothing but cant manage to pull it off. I will try for a plain white trainers next time!! xx

    jess x | https://wellwellgirls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete