Thursday 21 September 2017

Mini Clothing Haul - TRY ON

Since my last try on haul went down so well I was planning on doing a second one, maybe not this soon but it just happened. At the moment, I have been on a clothing shopping rampage if that is even a thing but recently I have just been hit with inspiration and the need for some new clothing pieces, especially coming into autumn. This haul contains five pieces so it is not big at all but I just wanted to talk through the a little bit, so I hope you enjoy. It also contains some brands I don't usually buy clothes from so it is a little different.
This first piece is from Urban Outfitters and it is just a cropped t-shirt but it is in this super unique yellow shade. I can see yellow being super on trend this season as I keep seeing it everywhere so this fits in perfectly. I have also been on the hunt for a super nice slogan tee and this is perfect. On the front, on my left it says "Only The Strong Survive" in a super dark, almost black, navy but then on the back it says that same quote but twice and right across in the middle. I feel like this is just a super cool twist on the regular slogan top and I think the colour will be great for all year round as it is bright but neutral if you get what I'm saying. I love the shape of this top as it is slightly boxy so it is super flattering on me and because I got it in a bigger size to what I would usually get, it is not too cropped which is what I wanted. Since this was from Urban Outfitters, it was a little more on the pricey side and this top did cost £25 but honestly, the quality is amazing and I know that I am going to wear this loads and because I can wear it all year round, I don't mind spending a little more on it.
Next up is something from Primark which is probably the steal of the season. I love a good checkered shirt for autumn/winter, I think they are so festive, great for layering and so easy to style. I knew that this year I wanted to get a new one as my old one was getting a bit small and worse for wear so when I saw this one in Primark I knew I needed it. This is literally the most basic navy and red checkered shirt but the best part was, that is was £9 which is incredible. I got this in a size way to big for me because I plan on wearing it just super oversized so it has a more relaxed and casual look. I am so obsessed with this piece and I know that it is going to be a staple come the end of this year when it begins to get colder so you can expect to see it make an appearance a few times.
The last few things are from MissGuided starting with this bright red denim skirt. If you follow my twitter then you might have seen my debating whether of not to get this red skirt over just a regular blue denim but long story short, I took the plunge and got the red. What I loved about this denim skirt was because it was stretchy denim which is so great for me as I find it so difficult to find a skirt in proportion to my height, hips and waist so the fact that this was stretchy made me want it even more as I know that it would fit me and flatter me more than my other skirts. I was so happy when I tried this on as it just hugs my figure perfectly and so I think I need it in every colour because it is just a perfect fit and I am obsessed. The red was very risky for me but now trying it on, I think it will be quite easy to style with just a cool slogan tee or a basic top. I love how this skirt is high waisted as now I can wear it with cropped pieces and not have to worry about showing too much skin. Even though this is red, I think the colour makes it a great all round piece for every season as I can wear it with tights and a knitted jumper in winter but also with a cropped vest and sandals in summer. I also need to mention that this was £20 which I think is great for such a good quality skirt and one I know I am going to wear loads.
Another piece from MissGuided is from the sale so I am sorry if you can't get it in your size but I did want to mention it as I think it is going to be my new favourite piece for autumn. This is, as you can tell by the photos, a dark grey, acid wash, lace up sleeve jumper which sounds super complicated and it is but let me explain a little more. The jumper itself is a very slightly crop and it has a sort of high roll neck, it is in this super dark, almost black, grey acid wash and along each sleeve is this criss-cross lace up piece which ties at the bottom. When this first arrived, it was an absolute mission to try and figure out as the lace up pieces were way too long, the neck part wouldn't fold over but now that I have figured it all out, it looks great. The lace up sleeves was what really drew me to the piece, I just think that it is super on trend at the moment but still super cool and unique. I love how with the lace detailing you can adjust them so you can get a more tight fit or something a little more random and oversized which is what I would probably go for. The colour is something super different for me but as a whole, the piece is super edgy and it gives me a proper grunge-vibe if you get me. I think this would just be so great with jeans and boots in autumn just for a super basic look but with the detail, it makes it that little bit more detailed and special. This was one sale from £30 reduced to £18 so I did get a very good deal and almost half price but the quality is a whole other thing. This jumper feels so heavy and think, it is incredible, I know that this is going to keep me so warm and you can just tell when you feel this piece that it has been made well, so definitely a good purchase from me.
Probably finishing off this post with the most boring piece but I love a good staple. Going back a few weeks ago, I went through my wardrobe to realise that I had no plain tops so that needed to change. I picked up a few but the one from MissGuided I bought was this plain grey, crop top. I love boxy crop tops like this as I find that I am just so much more comfortable wearing them over those skin tight ones that just make me want to suck in the whole time. Anyway, I love the fit and shape of this as it is boxy but it also has a high neckline which I think is super cute and a nice touch. I chose grey because I find I wear grey a lot, especially on my upper half and so grey was a good place to start with colours for plain, basic pieces. This was also a steal at £5 which is great and I don't really think you can get any better especially since the quality is great. I find that it is made with a good material, it is not super thin and see-through and it holds its shape really nicely. Pieces like this last a life time and never go out of style as they are just essentials to pair with anything so I am glad I finally picked up a basic plain top.

What's your favourite piece from this haul?
Grace xx

12 comments:

  1. I love a good try on haul and you got so many great pieces! I love that red skirt, red is such a gorgeous colour and that skirt looks great on you xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got so many lovely bits! That yellow top is amazing, I love that colour! A good boxy crop top is my fave too. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so great, love how easy they are to style!xx

      Delete
  3. You picked up some amazing things! You look stunning in that red skirt xx Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red skirt, so nice!

    Anika xo | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the yellow top so much! Plaid shirts are definitely a must in autumn! xx
    ellieslittleeworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am obsessed with that yellow tee! So gorgeous x
    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely obsessed with it at the moment!xx

      Delete