Sunday 8 October 2017

How I Style Joggers - Chill OOTD

Fashion something I want to talk about more of on my blog but I find it so difficult to take the photos myself, but I am trying a few things out so let me know if you don't mind this style of photo. My room is a little awkward to take full length fashion photos in, just because my room is pretty small, but I am trying so do let me know if these photos are okay. Anyways, I have recently found myself getting so bored of what I wear and I am just a little tired of wearing jeans to be honest so I thought I would try and mix it up a little. Since I am not really use to this kind of post, (I am more of a just ramble about your favourite foundation kind of blogger) then do feel free to let me know what I can do better next time because I really want to document more fashion things on my blog as I love it just as much as beauty and it is also a great passion of mine, just one that I have ignored a little on this little side of the internet. To the point though, this post is just a little OOTD of something a little different from jeans but it is still that causal/ relax, day-to-day kind of outfit. 
I have had these super cool, almost tracksuit style bottoms in my collection fr a few months now and I think I have finally found a cute way of styling them. These joggers are super cool because they can be dressed down, like what I am showing today, but I also think that with some heels and a bralette, then they could look really cool. The joggers are from Missguided (everything linked below) and I got them in a black. Not going to lie, the red ones are calling my name currently, but I thought that the black ones would be a good introduction for me plus, they will be easier to style as that is what I was worried about. One of my favourite things about these joggers is the white detailing, I love the white drawstring and especially the white stripes down each side. I feel as though they give them a more casual and almost sporty vibe which is something super different. The fit of these is super lovely as they are high waisted and they just drop. They don't go in at the bottom, they are just tapered, which took some getting use to, but they look great. I also think what makes me love these so much is the fact that they are so super comfy. They do have some stretch to them but because they don't cling and suck you in like jeans, they just feel great and breathable.
After some trial and errors, I ended up pairing this with a bodysuit from Pretty Little Thing. I paired it with this because it sort of followed that sporty vibe with it being a racer back vest with white edging to match the striped on the joggers. This bodysuit does come in a few colours and I think all would go with this but I think the grey looks particularly good because it still maintains the neutral colours and once you see the jacket I pair it with, I think the colour just matches the whole simplicity of the look. This bodysuit is super lovely, I find that it hugs my figure really well and I think it is quite flattering on. I also think that with the joggers being high-waisted and the bodysuit obviously making it looked tucked-in really elongates your legs and makes you a little taller which never hurts.
Just to finish off the outfit, I am just wearing some plain white trainers from Adidas which I love and once again, they match the sporty/ white theme we have going on. Since the bodysuit is a vest, I figured that I would need a jacket since it is starting to get colder outside and so my pick was a camouflage jacket by Topshop. It is a super oversized fit and it is fairly long but I think the colour and print goes well with this outfit because it is very basic and so the green camouflage just adds something different and a bit of colour.
What do you think of this style of post?
Grace xx

10 comments:

  1. this outfit looks really comfy. I love your jacket!x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't the kind of thing I would normally read but I saw it retweeted and was curious. It didn't disappoint. I wouldn't usually think of wearing joggers except for exercise or lounging around the house but this outfit is a great idea. You look lovely.
    V❤️
    http://sirvikalot.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you for such a kind comment, so glad you enjoyed the post!xx

      Delete
  3. I love this, those joggers are so stylish and look super comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so comfortable, a great change from jeans!xx

      Delete
  4. Love those joggers - you've styled them so well! Would deffo love to see more fashion posts from you, love your style! Xx

    www.lavieencait.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cosy outfit, nothing beats joggers sometimes! xx

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete