Sunday 1 October 2017

September Favourites!

It's October, WTH? We all say it but this month flew by but lucky for you I have a new favourites for you today. September has been quite a hit and miss month for me and not really a month I have discovered too much, especially beauty but I have a few bits so I hope you enjoy!
Starting with makeup as always, a mascara favourite has to be the Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara. Mascara is not something I am always trying out, but recently I pulled this out from the bottom of my draw and I really like it. I love how basic the wand is, it is a classic fibre wand but I just love how simple it is because it actually adds so much length and volume. Mine is in the shade very black but the one thing I will say about this mascara is the fact that the one I have is not waterproof and usually they are the only mascaras I will wear, but this one has actually not smudged on me at all so this is definitely a keeper for me.

Next up is such a throwback product for me but I have rediscovered it and I am obsessed. When I first started getting into makeup the Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour Kit was a staple for me but recently I have brought it back out and I have been using it everyday. You can probably tell by the photos but I have high pan on the highlighter shade quite badly so I struggle to get what's left of the product out onto a brush but the contour/bronzer shade has been such a staple for me this month. I do find that the shade is quite warm so I can't contour with it, but as a bronzer it is beautiful. I really love using this because it is so buildable and that just gives my skin a much more natural finish which is what I have been liking lately. I definitely recommend this to everybody as it is so affordable and such a beautiful compact.

Finally for makeup, I have fallen back in love with the TheBalm Mary Loo Manizer, not that I have ever fallen out of love with it but over the past few months it has definitely been neglected. Anyways, this highlighter is so beautiful, it is the perfect pale golden shade for the cheekbones. I have just been reaching for this a lot recently and I have just found that it is something I am always going back to because it never disappoints.

The other beauty product I have to share is a favourite cleanser of mine but one that I recently found out was cruelty free and so I wanted to talk about it. It is the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and this is a ride or die cleanser for me, it is a cream cleanser that is so gentle on the skin, it doesn't strip my skin and it removes makeup like a dream. I also really love this limited edition scent that I got forever ago so I'm sorry you can't it anymore, but the original scent is nice too. I don't use this daily because I am too lazy but I use it every time I wear makeup just to make sure that all of it has been removed. I feel like this is going to be a cleanser I use for life because it is perfect and cruelty free, so it is a 10/10 for me.

I have really been loving my music lately but there has been one stand out song this month and it is Sam Smith - Too Good at Goodbyes. Sam Smith is such a blessing, I just adore his music and his voice is something else. When I heard he was releasing a new song, I was a little on edge only because I was scared I was going to hate it because new music releases have not blown me away too much. Saying that, Sam Smith never lets me down, when I finally listened to the song, I was hooked instantly. It is the perfect mix of meaningful but up-tempo in parts and the whole composition of the song is just beautiful, plus his voice in this song just makes me melt. If you have not listened to this song yet, please do. It is definitely one of my favourite songs to have been released this year and I will continue to have it on repeat until I know it back to front.
Something a little strange for me, I have some fashion favourites. Fashion is a huge passion of mine but it is not something I tend to share a lot on my blog for multiple reasons, ones I wont go into, but recently I have just been loving taking outfit shots for blog posts and even Instagram so I hope you are liking them as there is still a lot more to come. But also with autumn being here now, I have been buying a few pieces to wear this season and have found some favourites I just had to share. The first one are these Miss Selfridge Over The Knee Boots. Over the knee boots, I find are always on trend, especially around the colder seasons but I was always so against buying them as I just thought that they wouldn't look good on me but after investing in a pair, I am just in love. Like I said, my pair is from Miss Selfridge and they are black which just means they go with everything and I love how they are in this faux suede material, I think it just makes them look so expensive and flattering. Anyway, you will be seeing these in lots of outfits across the next upcoming months, so stay tuned, but yes, best investment of the month.

The other fashion favourite I have to share is a super basic piece, but this style from this brand is the best one I have found. I am talking about the MissGuided Roll Sleeve Crop T-Shirt. You would have seen that I wore this in my most recent outfit post (linked here) and also in a recent fashion haul (also linked here) but I have been wearing this none stop since I bought it. I love baggy crop t shirts as I find them to be the most comfortable but still the most flattering with high waisted things. This style though, is the best I have found, I love the fact that they have rolled sleeves which aren't too long or too short, it is the perfect cropped length, not showing too much skin but most of all, I love the high neck. Since discovering high neck tops, I have just been living for them but on a t shirt, it is everything. I just find them to look so good, I don't even know what it is. What makes this style even better is the fact that it costed about £5 which is insane, I literally want it in every colour but I am on a bit of a shopping ban so we will have to wait and see. Anyway, check out those two posts if you are looking for the perfect cropped t shirt.

For shows this month, Teen Wolf has got to be my favourite. I am literally in love with everything about this show and it breaks my heart that their last ever sepisode aired last Sunday but it was such an incredible ending that I just can't complain. After watching all 6 season, multiple times, I have just fallen in love with everything about this show, but the main reason I love it is the love that the cast shares with each other. I don't think I have ever known a cast like the one from Teen Wolf, they all genuinely love each other so much and you just know that they will stay in each others lives which is the only thing that really matters to me when a show finishes. This show honestly makes me so happy but the plots and twists and turns have had me in all sorts of emotions since the start. I can't say enough good things about this show but I had to mention it as the second part of season 6 aired this month, so if you haven't already watched the show, give it a shot. 

Another show I wanted to give a mention is Dr Foster. I am sure a lot of you have been keeping up with the show too but I am just really loving the plot at the moment. It is getting very dark at the moment and my ideas for what will happen next are constantly changing but the show is just incredibly well thought out, the cast are very talented at portraying their characters and I just think that it keeps getting better.
I would love to know what you have been loving this month, so leave it in the comments!
Grace xx

10 comments:

  1. Your over the knee boots look lovely! I have been wanting a pair for so long now, but have never tried looking in Miss Selfridge! The search starts now haha x
    www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, do check Miss Selfridge out, let me know if you find your dream pair!

      Delete
  2. those boots look lovely! I'm quite liking Sam Smith's new song too, its really catchy x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I definitely want to try S&G's mascara!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely suggest trying it, such a good basic formula!xx

      Delete
  4. The boots look so so cute! X

    courtneyleighblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to start wearing them more!xx

      Delete
  5. I will have to check out Dr. Foster, it sounds right up my street! :)

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a watch, you'll love it!xx

      Delete