Sunday 5 November 2017

What Makeup I'm Taking To Berlin

Even though it has been about a week since I was in Berlin, I thought that there is still a chance I could get a few posts up. Almost every time I go travelling, I tend to do a post exactly like this and while I think that sometimes it gets repetitive, you all seem to love them, and I actually find them really useful to look back on. I also really love reading other people's versions of this post as they just give me an idea of what peoples tips and tricks are for when packing their makeup for a holiday.
I did only go to Berlin for 2 nights and I did only have hand luggage so I needed to pack very harshly, but I think I did a good job so I am just going to start.
For base, I packed two mini primers, one from Mac and one from Benefit. These have been sitting in my draws for a while, half used so I just thought I would bring them both, finish them both while I was in Berlin, and just bin them in the hotel so I have a little space left in my liquids bag. Carrying on with base, I brought the L'Oreal True Match for the same reason as the primers. I only had about three pumps left and so I brought it with me so that I could finish it while I was away. This probably wasn't the most educated decision but I can't only wear one concealer, I have to mix at least two. I brought the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer for my more full coverage concealer and the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer to lighten it up a little and to not make it as heavy. My Seventeen concealer was also running out so I put that in the bin, in the hotel as well. I am going to skip a little and do the palette last which has a bunch of face powders in but for blush I brought my ride or die which is the Kiko Blush in Provocative Pink.
I tried to keep my brow products as small and compact as possible but I also wanted a product that was super quick and easy to use. The Freedom Duo Brow Powder was my choice just because it is so easy to use and you just can't go wrong with it. I also brought a mini brow gel from Primark just because it was super small and it takes up no space at all.
Skipping the eye shadow, because that is in the palette too, for eye liner, I brought the Seventeen Eye Kohl Liner in Black just because it is my favourite black liner. I probably could have done without it, but it takes up no room and it is just a good product to have in case I could've wanted to add some more definition to my eyes. For mascara I brought a mini Benefit one, just because it was so small and even though it was fairly full, I still threw it away as I just didn't like it as much as I thought I did and I knew I wouldn't have used it if I brought it back home with me.
Lips was probably the hardest for me to pack just because I wanted to take so many with me. For a lip balm, I brought the Tangerine EOS, just to help prevent my lips from getting chapped. For lip products I brought the Mac Oh Honey Lip Liner, because I can't wear any lip product without a liner on underneath and this is just my current favourite. I brought Mac Velvet Teddy for a dark nude, Jeffree Star Cosmetic Liquid Lip in I'm Nude, for a lighter nude option and then I also brought the Colourpop Mini Lippie Stick in Cookie, just because it was so small, I was great just to have in case I wanted to touch up throughout the day. I obviously couldn't have packed without a gloss, so I brought the NYX Butter Gloss in Fortune Cookie, it goes with everything so this was just a simple decision really, plus the packaging is fairly small for a gloss so perfect for my little liquids bag.
As I was packing, I cam to the decision that I would just use an empty magnetic palette an fill it with as many different products as possible. I actually think that this worked perfectly and it is probably going to be something I do all of the time now. In case you want to know about the empty magnetic palette, it is by Freedom and it is honestly so great, it comes with a mirror as well which is great because nothing else I was bringing really had a big clear mirror. I am just going to list all of the single pans I brought with me now and then explain a little about some soon.
- Freedom Highlighting Powder in Queen
- Freedom Highlighting Powder in Bad Habit
- ABH Powder in Banana
- ABH Powder in Vanilla
- ABH Powder in Havana
- ABH Powder in Fawn
- Makeup Geek Shimma Shimma
- Makeup Geek Early Bird
- Makeup Geek Tuscan Sun
- Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear
- Freedom Shadow in Gold Digger
- Freedom Shadow in Sweet Life
- Freedom Shadow in Burnt Bridges
- Colourpop Single Shadow in Issues
When putting together this palette, I managed to fit in my face powder, under eye powder, contour, bronzer, highlighter and a huge variety of eye shadows. I also had a lot more space than what I actually needed so I did add a few things in that I probably didn't need to, but there was not harm in that. Everything I packed were my favourites of favourites, I didn't want to bring a loose powder to set my under eyes so I brought my ABH powders, I probably didn't need that extra highlighter because Shimma Shimma works beautifully on the cheekbones, but I had the room so I just brought it anyway, and while I was there, I actually mixed the two. For eye shadows, I brought things that I could mix and match into as many combinations as possible. I brought a lot of mattes because they are my biggest weakness and I only brought two shimmer shades, one to highlight and one a little darker, just in case I wanted something all over the lid. My colour scheme for my eyes were obviously warm tones but I brought a mix of pinks and oranges which all matched so whatever I used, there was almost a 100% chance that it would match.
This post is already quite long so I am not going to talk about the brushes I brought but if you want to see that in another post then I definitely will, but you should be able to see by the photos what kind of brushes I brought, just to make sure that there was something for each part of my makeup application.
Do you think I packed well?
Grace xx

8 comments:

  1. I always over pack when travelling and I always carry too many products and I end up not using them. Last summer I traveled to Greece and I took with me 6 lipsticks for 5 days, needless to say I was wearing the same lipstick and some days only lipgloss haha! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I relate so much to that, but a girl has got to have options!xx

      Delete
  2. last time i went away i didn’t use half of the makeup i took. i’m glad i didn’t take more! i hope you had a lovely time in Berlin x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I went to Berlin two years ago, I went in the Summer and I definitely did not pack well for that. I ended up not wearing makeup at all after the first day! You packed super well and I hope you have a fab time in Berlin. It's one of my fav places x Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikita, it was so beautiful, I want to go back already!xx

      Delete
  4. I love True Match, it is such a great foundation! I really want to go to Berlin, I bet it is amazing Christmas time, thanks for sharing xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Germany at Christmas once and it was so beautiful!xx

      Delete