Sunday 28 January 2018

Current Beauty Favourites!

As much as I love a good monthly favourites blog post, last year I found myself forcing products in the post because I didn't feel like I had enough to talk about. This year, I have decided that I am just going to do favourites blog posts whenever I feel like I have rediscovered or fallen for a selection of products. That so happens to be today, after Christmas and getting a few new things, I have been doing a lot of testing and recently I have just found myself really switching up the products I use so I thought I would share them. I do have enough beauty favourites to just do a current beauty favourites but maybe some of the later favourites posts might be more random. For now though, I am just going to be sharing some new beautiful favourites which I have really loved while stepping into the new year.
I am going to start with the makeup and I have found a new favourite foundation. Nothing comes close to my LA Girl foundation but sometimes I find that I don't want something full coverage and I want something more daytime appropriate. When I picked up The Ordinary Serum Foundation, I don't really know what I was expecting but it was so affordable and after trying it, I have been reaching for it loads. A typical Grace dilemma, I bought this in my wrong shade so I do mix this with my white foundation but it doesn't mess with the formula. This feels so hydrating and lightweight on the skin but I would say the coverage is quite light to medium. I quite like that though because the finish is so natural and skin like but your skin looks flawless, it's great. I have been reaching for this foundation a lot recently so I needed to include it in this post.

You might have seen me talk about the NYX Strobe of Genius Illuminating Palette in some of my most recent makeup look blog posts but I am not doing it on purpose, but I have found myself reaching for this loads recently. Some of the shades in this palette are quite colourful and not really for me, especially everyday, but usually I mix the two shades on the outside in the bigger pans which creates my perfect champagne highlight. This is quite glittery but with a light hand and slowly building it up, it creates the perfect glow.
I have been getting so bored of blush lately, there has just not been a blush in my collection that has been screaming my name apart from the Milani Luminoso Baked Blush. This blush has so much hype around it and rightly so because it is the most beautiful everyday blush. This shade is very peachy and neutral which is exactly what I love because it goes with everything, whether that is something super warm, cool or even colourful. You know I am not one for a shimmery blush but for some reason, this one is not super glittery, it just looks like skin and I love that. I will warn you, this blush is crazy pigmented so just be aware that you might want to apply this with a light hand.

Recently, I have been here for this super pale nude lip trend. I feel like I am so late to this, but when I use to wear nudes, they were quite dark which I still don't mind but since discovering the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cairo I have been all over this pale nude lips. My favourite way to use this is in the centre of the lips with a darker lip liner around the edges. Probably my favourite thing about this shade is the fact that it just looks so good with  every look on the eyes and face. I have been wearing this like mad recently and I will probably continue to do so because it has quickly became one of my ride or die lip products.

I love makeup brushes just as much as I love the actual makeup sometimes, I just find that you can never have too many. They all come in different shapes and sizes with a how mixture of ways you can use them. This Beauty Professional Eye Brush Set was one of my Christmas gifts last year and I have been so in love with these brushes. I think I love these so much because of how unique they are, like the contour fan brush or the precision concealer brush, which I actually use to set my under eyes, but the shapes of these brushes are unlike anything you would be able to find from any of your mainstream brush brands. You get 8 brushes in this set and a little makeup bag which is so beautiful and also such a good value for money. According to my mum she bought these in Costco but I have linked a website that you can buy them from and I highly suggest you do because they are lovely. They are so well made and I now cannot do my makeup without them.

Again, another little Christmas present and this one has soon became the best and most efficient way to clean my make up brushes. I do not clean my makeup brushes often enough because I am so lazy and it just takes so long but after seeing a lot of people try the StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer I soon added it to my wishlist. My parents very kindly bought me this for Christmas and I have used it loads since. I have not linked the exact one I have but it is pretty much the exact same thing just without the logo. Anyway, this is like an electric, rotating brush handle that you attach your brushes to and then you dip them in you brush clean and water while it spins and then your brushes are clean in seconds. I am still contemplating doing a whole in depth review on this, so let me know if you want me to do that, but I mainly love this so much because usually it takes my brushes about 24 hours to dry but because this handle thing rotates so quickly, the brush fibres dry in seconds so you can use it again straight after cleaning them. If you are a makeup artist or you only have a small selection of makeup brushes, and you need your brushes to be clean and dry straight after using them once, this is the perfect things. I honestly can't imagine my life without this anymore, it has been an absolute life saver!

I love a good body lotion and Soap and Glory do some of my favourites but I had never tried the Soap and Glory Body Milk until recently and I am now obsessed. The first thing I noticed about this was how different the scent was to anything else from Soap and Glory, it smells like a sweet bakery, it's delicious. Another little thing I love is the fact you get it out through a pump, I have no idea why I love that so much but it makes disposing it so satisfying and you can also control how much product you get more than if it was in a tub. The most important thing about this body milk though is that it makes my skin feel so nourished and soft. It is quite a thick formula so it does take a little bit to sink in but nothing too bad but once it has soaked into the skin you just feel like a new person. This is definitely up there with some of my favourite moisturising body products and I don't think I am going to be switching up my body moisturiser anytime soon.

Finally for beauty products is the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. I have heard so many people talk about this and claim that it just makes your spots disappear. Now, realistically, I knew my spots wouldn't just disappear with this, but I was curious so it quickly got put onto my wishlist and again, was a Christmas present from my parents. This is a nice spot treatment, it is a lot better than ones I had previously tried, but like I suspected, it doesn't just make my blemishes disappear. It usually helps fade my scaring or get rid of spots before that have came to the surface. I will say that if you use it every night or too often for your skin, your skin will start to get use to it and it won't do as much. I learnt this fairly quickly but I thought it was worth mentioning, so now I use it once or maybe twice a week. So far though, I am liking it and it has became a quick favourite in my skincare routine.

I would love it if you commented some of your current beauty favourites, I really hoped your enjoyed and here's to more favourites posts in 2018!
Grace xx

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! Especially the note on the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, it's so hyped about but sometimes I wonder how much something can do xx

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I was so desperate to try it, sometimes it sounds too good to be true!xx

      Delete
  2. the NYX highlighting palette looks lovely. the brush cleaner sounds really good, I'd love to see a post all about it!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to do a post on it soon then, it's honestly so fun!xx

      Delete
  3. i’d love to see a review on the brush cleaner!! i’ve heard a little bit about it and want to know more!! great post x

    amelia xx
    itsmeexx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete