Sunday 11 February 2018

Berry Pink Cut Crease - Valentines Makeup Look

Happy and single over here but that definitely doesn't mean that I can't pretend I have a romantic occasion to get ready for. Considering February is the month for love, I though I would do this pink, cut crease very much Valentine inspired. I had so much fun creating this look and playing around with some new colours so let me know what you think I should do next.

I am so boring when it comes to my brows, but I wanted this makeup to last all day so I firstly set my brows with some Collection Clear Mascara. This has became a new hack in my makeup routine, by putting on your brow gel first, you get more pigmented and longer staying power with whatever you apply on top. I just let that dry down slightly and then I use the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe. Less is more with this product, so going back and forth between a spoolie and the product on a small angled brush, taking my time really helps to build up the colour and shape until I am finally happy. 
With the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer on a flat brush I am just cleaning up the mess I made when filling in my brows and also dragging that concealer onto the eyelids to act as a primer for the shadow going on top. I am then just setting down that concealer with the NYX Whipped Cream single eye shadow, to create a black canvas so that all of the shadows on top blend well.
To start off the eye shadow I am taking Makeup Geek Beaches and Cream and just putting that into the crease to start defining the eye. I am then starting to build it up with the Freedom Sweet Life shadow which is a little darker and warmer, but I am putting this shade in the exact same place as my first one. I then start to blend it above the crease slightly so that when I apply the darker colours, these base shades help create a gradient. With Makeup Geek Cupcake, I am going to start building up the colour in the crease. I go back and forth between Cupcake and Beaches and Cream just to make sure they seamlessly fade into each other, but I do still want to pink shade quite prominent in the crease so this step does take some building up in order for the next few colours to stand out. In the depth of the crease and in the outer corner, I am taking Colourpop Making Moves on a small crease brush and being really precise when applying it. This shade is the most beautiful berry pink shade, and it is this shade that I think makes this entire look. I do really make sure that I take the time to blend this into the crease but not too high that it interrupts those first few shades. This shade does take a while to build up to that bright pink shade I want, and I am also packing it onto the outer corner, and blending out the edges slightly, so that when I cut the crease it has something to blend into. Speaking of cutting the crease, I am using the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer once again on a very small, flat brush and cutting the crease. I am not great at this but my best piece of advice is to just not rush it, and  also make sure that both eyes are as similar as possible. Before I go into that shimmery lid shade, I am setting down that concealer with the NYX Whipped Cream eye shadow again just so that I can clearly see where I need to place the next few shades. For the lid, I am mixing Makeup Geek Grandstand and Makeup Geek Luna which are both foiled eye shadows, very similar in colour but I just wanted to use them both. I am just packing these two shades on that area I carved out with a damp, flat brush just to help me ensure that I get a sharp edge. I am then just taking a bit more of Colourpop Making Moves and softening the edges. With Makeup Geek Bitten, I wanted to try and deepen the outer corner a little bit more so on a small, dense eye brush, I am just packing this very closely onto the lash line.
The eyes is where the attention is in this makeup look, so to bring a little more definition, I am using the Lottie London AM to PM Kohl Liner in Smoke to tight line my eyes. This is a new product for me but I am loving it because it is so smooth and creamy to apply. Finally for the eyes, I am just adding a coat of the Collection Volumax Waterproof Mascara on my upper and lower lashes.

Starting with the face, I am taking the Primark Primer Water and just peeping my skin with that. After allowing that to sink in, I am taking the Freedom Pro Mattify primer and I am focusing this product on my t-zone just to ensure a smoother application with my foundation. For foundation I am mixing the LA Girl Pro Coverage Foundation in Fair and White just to get my perfect shade, and I am blending this in with a damp sponge. For cream contouring I am using the LA Girl Pro Conceal Concealer in Toast and again, blending that in with a damp sponge. To clean up the contour, I am taking the RCMA No Colour Powder and just packing that under the contour so that I have a really defined contour. For the cheekbones though, I am taking the Iconic London Liquid Illuminator in Original and just using a little bit to act as a base for my powder highlighter. I like to do the cream contouring and highlighting before my actual concealer so that I can powder my whole face right after setting my concealer, if you know what I mean. Anyway, for concealer I am using the LA Girl Pro Conceal Concealer in Porcelain under my eyes, on the centre of my forehead and a little on my chin. I once again, blend this out with a damp sponge and I set it straight away with the RCMA No Colour Powder. This powder can leave a white residue so I do brush it off quite quickly, but with the excess, I just take it over my whole face just to set down any creams.
I am then bronzing with the Makeup Revolution Pro Bronze Matte Bronzer on a big fluffy brush just to give myself an overall golden finish. For blush, I am mixing the two berry shades out of the Makeup Revolution Blush Goddess Blush Palette and applying that onto my cheeks just to give my skin some colour which will flatter the eye shadow. Finally for skin, I am using the NYX Strobe of Genius Highlighting Palette and mixing the two lightest shades in the biggest pans together. I am applying this onto my cheekbones, cupid's bow, tip of the nose, brow bone and also on the inner corners of my eyes.
For lips, I wanted something that would flatter the eyes but not over power the look as a whole. I am starting with the LA Girl Lip Liner in Mauve and just outlining my lips but also starting to fill them in slightly and then with the Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick in Child Star, just filling in the rest of my lips and allowing them to dry down to a matte finish.

I am super happy with how this look turned out, let me know what you think!
Grace xx

8 comments:

  1. That eyeshadow looks stunning! I don't normally wear pinks but I might recreate this look on Wednesday!

    Amelia xx
    https://www.itsmeexx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to send me a picture if you do, I'd love to see what you create!xx

      Delete
  2. this is a beautiful look, I love those shades!xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have fallen in love with the pink tones recently!xx

      Delete
  3. omg you are so good at make up. That eyeshadow is gorgeous!
    https://sykirah.blogspot.my

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely eye look!

    http://ambeautyedit.com - Amy X

    ReplyDelete