Saturday 23 June 2018

I'm back...

So I am going to do the best I can at keeping this post very unedited as I think a genuine response is the least I could do for my absence.
I assume that most of you know that I am in my final year of high school, or at least I was until yesterday, and that means that I have been sitting my final exams over the past six weeks. As much as I could blame my whole social media absence on exams, that wouldn't be completely honest but I will probably talk about that later in this post. As for this post, I feel as though I needed to write about where I've been just to keep all of you up to date and for you to see where I am at the moment in terms of my blog and what I hope for the future.
The last few posts of mine were actually pre-written and so the last time I had written a blog post was probably in January and so I am a bit out of practice. As exam season was approaching at the start of the year, I knew where my priorities lied because as much as I love blogging, my education and doing the best to my ability was something I did not want to give up. Since about the end of January, the start of February I had started revising on a regular basis but it was not until March that I realized that my blog really did need to take a back seat. Anyway, fast forward a little bit, my proper exams started in May and I finish them yesterday so it has been a very long and intensive process, to say the least. 
In case you do want to know about my exams and how they went, to say it briefly, I am content with how they went only because I couldn't have worked any harder and so I know that whatever I get is a genuine representation of my education throughout high school. I can always talk about exams in more detail if that is something you want but I won't do it in this post just because I want to keep this post brief.
During exam season, especially when I was revising in the build-up to my first few weeks, I just stopped blogging, I spotted planning, taking pictures and writing altogether. Surprisingly, to start off with, I didn't miss blogging. I felt as though a break was needed and that exams would take over. For me, sometimes it was just nice not to think about social media or blogging as I find it to be quite an intensive process but that doesn't disguise the fact that I still love it. Anyways, it got to halfway through exams and I had a week off, throughout that week I kept having urges to write for my blog. Although I didn't, that 'wanting to blog' feeling is what made me realize that my break was coming to an end and that I did want to come back. I would be lying if I said I had never thought about leaving my blog because I have had it for three and a half years and people change and develop so that thought has always been there. However, that week off made me realize that I really did still want to blog because as much as I needed that break, I also felt like I needed to come back as soon as I felt ready.
Saying that there are some things I want to change. Looking back, I feel like one of the reasons I didn't want to blog was because I wasn't fully into what I was writing about. I love makeup and it will always be something I will want to share, but it started to feel like a chore, weekly reviews and pouring my heart and soul into a tutorial that looking back, I feel as though a lot of people didn't actually read, so I do want to change up my blog a bit. I want to keep my blog as something that is true to myself and something that represents me and everything I love, and although makeup is still a big part of that, I only want to post about it when I really really want to. As well as makeup, I also love fashion. In case you didn't know, I am actually studying fashion next year as my form of education for two years and so I want to share that side of me also on my blog. I have tried fashion before but it always started drifting away because of little things like pictures and actually writing about it. This time though, I really want to experiment and I want to stick to it. I understand that some of my readers might not like fashion or other topics I want to cover on my blog but since that start of the year, I have just realised that I am going to do this blog for myself and I am going to block out the numbers and stats as well as I can because sometimes it is disheartening to see a post you loved to create but for me, this is still a hobby and I want to like what I create.
Anyway, if you have read all of this then I am definitely impressed and I thank you for sticking with me, it really does mean a lot to me. Hopefully, you are excited for what is to come and that you accept my decision and hopefully there will be a post from me soon. I don't really know what it's going to be, but we will see.
Thank you!
Grace xx

12 comments:

  1. so happy you’re back!! i’m excited for whatss to come and if you ever need a photographer for your fashion fashion posts i got you girl♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. yassss gal! I'm so happy you're back, and I am so excited to see your up and coming posts! I've missed reading them! amelia Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back Grace! Can't wait to see your fashion posts x

    www.lifeasnajida.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to have you back!! Hugs and more hugs, I hope you get the results you deserve and I can't wait to read your content. I found so many of the things you've said in this post relatable in terms of my blogging journey, thank you for sharing xx

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely, this means the world!xx

      Delete
  5. this was a really lovely post to read, I'm so glad your exams went well I am sure you smashed them. I think everyone is feeling the same attitude towards their blog recently but I think you should create the content that you enjoy and will be proud of, and I think experimenting with fashion will work really well for you babe xx

    http://www.lifeascaitlin.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlin, it is so sad that we can all get so fixated on the numbers but hopefully that will change for the better soon!xx

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you're back! I'm looking forward to your new content xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete