Monday 25 June 2018

The Day Dress Edit

Like I said in my most recent post which just explained my current state, fashion is something I want to cover more on my blog. That brings us onto this post which is hopefully the first of many. Also, I am trying to experiment with ways I can take my pictures for these outfit posts so let me know what you think of this layout. 
I wanted to share with you one of my favourite outfits for summer this year. In the UK right now, the weather has been incredible and it is only supposed to be getting better so my jeans and jumpers have been put away and I have started venturing out into skirts and shorts. After shopping for some new summer outfits, I knew that I would have to share with you this dress.
This dress is a mini bodycon dress with a black and white floral print. It has short sleeves and the length is really lovely because it isn't super short so it is super comfortable to wear without feeling like you are flashing everyone. I think that this dress is the perfect casual day dress for this sunny weather and it is actually from Primark so sadly I can't link it but it was under £10 so it is such a steal.
When styling a bodycon dress, I like to pair it with an oversized jacket just so that I feel like not everything is clinging to me. This one, in particular, is a distressed denim jacket from Hollister. I find denim jackets to be such a staple in summer because they are not as thick as winter coats but they are still good to layer for the day in case the weather takes a turn. I also love this fit as I feel like because it is not structured, it keeps the outfit quite casual looking. 
Even though you can't see the shoes, I would wear this outfit with a pair of white trainers or pumps just so that it is super comfortable and casual. I also think that white shoes are such a staple and especially with the white detail in the dress, the white shoes would really enhance the print.

I am really sorry I couldn't find the links to any of the items, but I have linked below similar. Hopefully, you liked this post, I am always open to your feedback as I am still experimenting with these fashion posts.
Grace xx

Links:

12 comments:

  1. ok wow this outfit is so cute, I definitely need it!
    http://www.lifeascaitlin.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to buy a dress to wear casually as I love how you've styled this! The denim dress goes perfectly with the dress!
    And I love these photos, can't wait to see more fashion content because I love your style!!
    Kate Xx https://www.luxekate.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, I'm so excited for what's to come!xx

      Delete
  3. I love it with the denim jacket. I haven’t thought of wearing it with a body con before.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think that the denim jacket makes it that bit more casual, I love it!xx

      Delete
  4. Hasn't the weather been so beautiful in the UK atm?! Don't want to jinx it but I'm so excited for a hot Summer. Gorgeous and I love how you've dressed this down x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morgs, I hope that the weather stays nice and warm too!xx

      Delete
  5. This is SUCH a cute outfit!! -Tash xx

    www.thoughtfultash.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit!xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete