Wednesday 4 July 2018

The Wardrobe Staple

If I could describe my style in one word, I would say basic. I am constantly wearing plain tshirts and jeans because of their versatility, plus they are super comfortable which you could debate is the most important factor in fashion, I would say so. With this heatwave hitting the UK though, jeans just wont cut it and so I have found my new staple piece for summer.
T-Shirt dresses. I love t-shirt dresses for so many reasons and they have very quickly became a staple in my summer wardrobe. Saying that, this piece is for all seasons, with tights and a leather jacket it is perfect for winter, but for summer you can just wear it with a pair of trainers and you are good to go. I find that t-shirt dresses just always look good, you haven't got anything clinging to your body so it is super comfortable to wear and this also makes it great for the warmer weather as you have a bit more freedom in this style dress than in a bodycon dress for instance. I know a few people have dilemas with t-shirt dresses because the don't really flatter anything, but I actually quite like that on my body type, I find that because its mini length it elongates my legs but its loose fit just looks super casual which I love. If you do want more shape though, it is an easy fix, you can just add a belt. I love that t-shirt dresses have so many options on how to wear them, you can add a belt, you can tie it at the bottom to make it tighter, adjusting elements of this dress makes it suitable for anyone.
You can get t-shirt dresses for everywhere and anywhere right now, but my favourite fit and style are the ones from H&M. Just for reference, I buy a size Small and I find that the length is perfect which is usually my biggest issue because I am slightly taller than the average height. I also like that range of colours and patterns they have, I am definitely looking into getting more because I love this khaki coloured one. 
Let me know what your thoughts are on t-shirt dresses. Hopefully you are liking these little fashion posts as I am really enjoying writing them.

Links:

9 comments:

  1. I'm pretty basic when it comes to style too, and I really like the idea of a t-shirt dress, perfect for the heat!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think t-shirt dresses are just the best invention for the hot weather!xx

      Delete
  2. I think t-shirt dresses are really cool, and even though they start casual I think you can style them so many different ways.

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, they are the perfect piece!xx

      Delete
  3. t-shirt dresses are great for this time of the year!xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it bad that I only pull this out when I'm about to sleep? 😂😂

    ReplyDelete