Wednesday 25 July 2018

What I'm Currently Loving in Terms of Makeup

Since finishing my exams, I have been falling back in love with makeup and it is honestly the best feeling. With that, I have been trying out some new finds as well as rediscovering some old favourites and so I thought I would combine them all into one post and share them with you. Do let me know in the comments though whether you prefer these types of posts or monthly favourites just because I am not to sure which one to carry on doing.

Starting with a product that I can't stop talking about, the Revolution Pro Foundation Drops. You may or may not have already seen these in their own review (linked here) but I had to mention them in this post because it is so good. I will try and not talk about these for too long but basically this foundation is super lightweight and dewy but with really good coverage. This is definitely my summer foundation this year and it is definitely coming on holiday with me after I pick up a few more shades. I would definitely suggest that you try out this foudnation because of the amazing colour range and the price is just incredible.
The next two products I like on their own, but together, they are incredible and have quickly became my new favourite concealer combo. The Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer has been a favourite for a lot of people recently so after I tried it out for myself, I learnt that I liked it but didnt love it. Similar thing with the Barry M All Night Long Concealer except I have been trying this out for less time. When I decided to combine these two concealers, I have never looked back. They make the perfect combo because the Revolution concealer is creamy but I find that the coverage isn't as much as the Barry M one, plus the Barry M concealer is in a much lighter shade which just helps to further brighten my undereyes. I find that this combo is super full coverage, very long lasting and blends really easily. This combo is definitely not for an everyday makeup look but for a more intense look that is to last a long time, I always go for this combination.

I love the The Balm Mary Loo Manizer but now with summer here, it has been my go-to. There is just something about its undertone that gives the most natural glow to the skin. I find that it is the perfect inbetween of natural and intense but the colour just matches my skin really well. I love wearing this on the skin with every look because the shade is so versatile. This highlighter, I find, is so easy to wear because you could just have a light dusting or you can build it up so this is definitely added to my list of holiday essentials.
Next up is a current eye shadow favourite which I have been loving to wear to help me cut the crease.  It's the Revolution Eye Foil in Rebound which is a beautiful rose gold shade. This formula is definitely very unique as you can use it dry or wet, I prefer using it wet because it is that bit more pigmented and smooth to apply. This has definitely made cutting the crease a little easier for me but because it is more of a cream texture, I do perfer setting it with a powder but I find that the undertone still shines through and looks lovely. On its own though, this shadow has a super metallic and intense on the eyes and I will have to try wearing it on its own and hope that it does crease or transfer.

For liner, I have been edging away from darker shades and instead have been replacing them with lighter shades on the water line. The Colourpop Liner in Honeydude has been my current favourite because of its colour. It isn't ice white which I like as sometimes that can look a bit harsh, instead it is more nude which helps brighten the eyes but in a very natural and subtle way. This formula is very smooth and applies super easily and as much as I find that it doesn't last as long as other formulas, I still really like it and wear it all the time. I just find that this pencil helps open up my eyes and makes them look a little bigger which I like as it tends to draw more attention to my eye shadow.
A second highlighter I just need to mention is the Revolution Pigment in Saint which I have been wearing a lot on the inner corners of my eyes. This is the perfect shimmery white shade that is super pigmented. This in the inner corner is super intense but I love a strong inner corner highlighter so this has been the perfect find for me. I find that I don't need to use this wet, just on a dense brush, and that way I get maximum pigment and intensity. I have been wearing this a lot with more dramatic makeup looks just to help bring brightness back into my eyes and sometimes I will take a little bit of this and just add it to the very tops of my cheekbones just to make my highlighter further pop. This is definitely the perfect multipurpose pigment and I think that this type of product is amazing because it is so finely milled and easy to apply. 

My final product for this post is the Superdrug Vitamin E Hydrating Mist which I have been using mostly as a setting spray. That doesn't necessarily mean that I use this to make my makeup last longer because I don't find that it does that but I do think that this spray helps melt all of the powders into the skin and makes the makeup look a little more skin-like. This is a super affordable spray and I find that the packaging is perfect for disributing the product perfectly. On the skin, this spray is so refreshing and especially with it being summer, I have been reaching for it a lot more.
Let me know in the comment whether you have tried out any of these products before and if so, what are you thoughts on them?
Grace xx

4 comments:

  1. I need anything I can get my hands on to make my eyes look even a little bigger, the colourpop liner sounds great!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Revolution Pigment sounds so good!x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete