Sunday 19 August 2018

My Top 5 Summer Essentials

Right now I am still counting down the days until I go to Florida but while you are reading this, I will be there just relaxing which sounds amazing right now. However, in today's post, I am going to be talking you through some of my beauty essentials for the summer season.

Bilou Pink Melon Creamy Shower Foam
As well as this foam smelling absolutely delicious, it is also a beautiful formula. I don't know about you, but being in the sun, getting my tan on can sometimes make my skin super sensitive. That is where the shower foam comes in, this formula is super creamy and feels so nourishing on the skin. I definitely think that everyone needs a product like this in summer as it helps to calm the skin and keep it hydrated even in this heat. You can get this product really easily in Superdrug and it is also super affordable which is great, I would also really recommend this scent as it is super fruity and fresh smelling.
The Body Shop Mint Mattifying Facial Spray
This is a fairly new purchase of mine mainly because it is a fairly new release from The Body Shop but I am so glad that they have released a product like this. I find that facial sprays are essential in this heat as they simply refresh and cool the skin while you are on the go. This spray, in particular, is also in a mint scent which just adds to how refreshing it feels on the skin, but also it smells amazing. I am definitely taking this on holiday with me as I know I can throw it in my bag and reapply throughout the day just to give my skin an instant refresh. A lot of people could argue that a product like this is unnecessary to buy and sure you could just fill a spray bottle with water and keep it in the fridge, it would do the same job, but I just love that this one is scented and compact.

Revolution Pro Foundation Drops
You all probably know by now how much I really love this foundation so I will try not to talk about it for too long. To summarise though, this foundation is lightweight, good coverage and has a beautiful dewy finish to it. This is such a perfect foundation for summer as you won't be able to find it on the skin but it will still give you a fresh look to the skin. I definitely think that this is more suited for dry skin but I think that even if you have oily skin, as long as you set this foundation properly with powder it will wear throughout the day nicely.
Revolution Pro Regenerated Mattes Eye Shadow Palette
I think that everyone should have some colourful eyeshadows for summer as it is a super fun way to mix up your eyeshadows. This palette would be my recommendation as it is so affordable and you get a great selection of shades too. I definitely plan on creating lots of looks with this palette that range from subtle to bold. Whether it is by putting some colour on the lower lashline or my doing a full-blown colourful smokey eye, I just think that if you want to play around with colourful eye looks, summer is a perfect time. If you are still curious about this palette then I do already have a review up (linked here).

NYX Butter Glosses
Finally, for this post, I have these glosses which in my opinion are the most versatile. A gloss like this is so easy to apply and the finish is subtle so you can wear it for any kind of occasion. This formula comes in multiple shades, but I like the neutral ones, of course, the pigment is also subtle so you could wear it on its own even without a lipstick underneath. I definitely think that glossy lips are perfect for summer as they just look so fresh and natural. These glosses are definitely my chosen gloss for summer though, because of how comfortable they are and how quick and easy they are to apply.
Hopefully, you liked this post and let me know in the comments what your summer essentials are.
Grace xx

10 comments:

  1. Those colourful shades are beautiful! Definitely agree that with summer you can get away with wearing more colourful shades on your eyes. Hope you're having a good time in Florida!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the NYX Butter Gloss, I love a good gloss :)

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard some mixed opinions about the setting sprays from the body shop, but they do seem good! Sound perfect for holiday xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, the scents are great but the spray itself can be quite annoying!xx

      Delete
  4. These are some great summer picks! I love the sound of the NYX butter glosses - they sound like something I'd love!

    Shelley x

    www.onlyshelley.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love them, I think that they are great for everyone!xx

      Delete
  5. amazing post grace!! the facial spray sounds incredible so I might try that out when I run out of my Mario Badescu spray! Amelia Xx
    itsmeexx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice just to mix up because the scents are so refreshing!xx

      Delete