Sunday 12 August 2018

New Music I'm Loving!

At the moment, I feel like there have been so many good music releases and I knew that I just needed to share some of them with you today. It just seems like suddenly, people are releasing music from left, right and centre but surprisingly I have actually liked a lot of it which doesn't normally happen.

I'm a mess - Bebe Rexha
I have loved a lot of Bebe Rexha's collaborations in the past and this was a song featured on her new album which I have just been listening to none stop. To me, this song is so honest and relatable which just makes me love it more. I love her voice in this song too as I think it is unlike anyone else's.
Done for me - Charlie Puth ft. Kehlani
Charlie Puth has been a beloved artist of mine for a long time and so when he announced that he was releasing new music, I was so excited. This collaboration is so good and I love how well their voices sound together. Once again, I think most people can relate to this song through the lyrics in the sense of pouring your heart and soul into something for someone else and then getting nothing in return.

You deserve better - James Arthur
I flipping love James Arther as I find his music to be so insightful and meaningful. This is the first of his two new releases and no so surprisingly they both made it into this post. I like this song though because of how catchy it is and it is the sort of song that just makes you want to dance.

At my weakest - James Arthur
Like I said before, this is the second new release from James Arthur and once again, I love it. This has a little more depth than the first song and I think that it is so beautifully written.

Mutual - Shawn Mendes
Another artist I love, Shawn Mendes who is currently blessing us with his new album has yet again nailed his new music. As much as I love his whole album, I have selected my current favourite two, the first one being Mutual. This song is so good, I love the composition and his voice is just insane. It is definitely a song that will get stuck in your head so you have been warned.

Queen - Shawn Mendes
The second song is a more recent favourite but I still love it. I love that there is a lot of attitude in this song and the lyrics are just so well written. I would definitely recommend you checking out Shawn Mendes' album if you haven't so already, it won't disappoint.

Just my type - The Vamps
Some of the Vamp's other newest music hasn't really been to my taste but this new release has won me back over. I don't even know what it is about this song but it is just so catchy and has such a good beat to it. This is definitely a song that boosts my mood and I never get bored of listening to it on repeat.
Emotionless - Drake
Drake has never been an artist that I love but when everyone was going on about his newest album, I had to give it a listen and to my own surprise, I really liked it so there are a few of his songs mentioned in this post. This song is great though, I find that it is very meaningful and the female vocalist in the background makes this song for me as it just adds something so special to the whole song.

Nice for what - Drake
This is probably my favourite Drake song right now as it is just so catchy and it is a song that I can't skip, which just proves how much I love this song as I tend to skip a lot when it comes to music. Again the combination of Drake's rap and the female vocalist in the background just adds so much more to this song. I love this layering effect and I think that's what makes it so interesting to listen to over and over again because you just discover new layers and lyrics that you didn't notice before.

Don't matter to me - Drake ft. Michael Jackson
Everyone knows that I am a huge Michael Jackson fan, to me, he is still the greatest singer of all time so when I found out that he was on Drake's new album, I knew I needed to listen to this song. At first, I was disappointed, I usually am, just because I have such high hopes for things that include Michael Jackson so initially I didn't really believe that it was him as it was quite edited. Now that I have listened to it more and more though, I actually really like it. It is definitely different to what I associate Michael Jackson with but that doesn't take away from the fact that I still love his voice and with Drake's rapping, it does make a great collaboration.

God is a woman - Ariana Grande
This is the newest release and I am sure a lot of you love this song too. I do love a lot of Ariana Grande's music but her recent album has been a little hit and miss for me, I do like the songs, I guess they just weren't what I expected. This song, however, was everything I'd hoped for and more. It is the perfect song for every female out there, it is definitely an anthem. I love the layout of the song and her voice in this is just incredible, but I must add that the video to this song is something else, you just have to go and watch it!

Hopefully, you liked this post, it was something a little different for me and let me know in the comments if you have any other songs or artists that you recommend I listen to!
Grace xx

10 comments:

  1. I was looking for some new songs to add to my playlist and so glad found your post! Thanks for your recommendations! <3

    www.mybeautysilence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I hope you like them!xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely music post! I honestly couldn't have put it better about The Vamps' new song, I agree with you exactly! I have also been loving James Arthur's song You Deserve Better but actually haven't listened to his other one so I'm off to do that now! x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it, I think it's incredible!

      Delete
  3. Great list of songs! I love Ariana Grande, and can't wait for her new album to drop, as I've loved what I've heard so far!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading posts like this, I need to listen to some of these songs!! I've been obsessed with Done for me and God is a woman is such an incredible song!!
    Kate Xxx www.luxekate.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol apparently I live under some kind of a music rock because I haven't seen these songs before! Maybe I've heard them but I don't recognise any of the names...must get onto that!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, enjoy if you ever get round to listening to any of them!xx

      Delete