Friday 10 August 2018

OOTD - A New Dress Obsession

I am on such a dress hype at the moment and I am loving it. Growing up, I hated my legs and although I still go through phases like it, I am loving dresses and just rocking them, or at least I hope I am. There are so many nice dresses on the market at the moment and the one in this post is my current favourite so I thought I'd dedicate a post to it as I am obsessed with it.
You all probably know Penny but she is bascially my best friend, and in this post, my personal photographer, but when we went out we got these pictures taken so I could share this outfit with you so thanks to Penny for the fab shots. When we went out, we found this cute location and because the weather was so good, they turned out super summery so I'm really happy with how they turned out.
For the outfit though, the dress is a mini strappy dress with a square neck and it is in this beautiful black and white gingham print. I love that this dress is just black and white as it makes it super simple to style but it is still summery with the shape of the dress. It also kind of reminds me of those summer dresses you would wear in primary school, anyone else? Anyway, I find that this dress is super flattering because it is stretchy so it hugs you in all of the right places and the square neck is super on trend at the moment and I find that super flattering too. The length is also perfect for me which is usually and issue for me with dresses or skirts but this one is perfect. For all of you wondering, it is from Forever 21 which isn't usually a shop I buy a lot from but after I pointed this out in the store, Penny kindly bought me it for my birthday. This is definitely a perfect summer dress as it has got thin straps so for the warmer weather it's great but also you can wear this with a denim shirt in case it gets cooler in the evening. This dress also comes in a white and yellow gingham print which is also super cute and also this dress is so affordable. The quality of this dress is great, it is not see-through or thin, it is super strechty but the fabric is thick so it is definitely a steal. The direct link to this dress is at the end of this post and just for reference, mine is in a size Medium and I usually wear a dress size 8/10.

As for the rest of the outfit, I kept it super simple but wearing my plain white slip on Vans, which let me tell you, they were a bitch to walk in. These are a pretty new addition to my wardrobe so I am still breaking into them and spending four plus hours on my feet walking was not such a smart idea on my behalf but apart from that, they looked cute with the outfit. I find these shoes to be so versatile and you can really dress them up or down, but I found that with this dress, it just kept the outfit very daytime appropriate.
As for accessories, I was wearing the jewellery I always wear, so my Michael Kors watch, my Tiffany's necklace and bracelet so yeah, just super simple. My sunglasses though are a subtle dark tortoshell print and the shape of them is slightly square but they are rounded if they make sense. The lenses are a dark fade and I just think that they went perfect with this outfit. I appologise now, you can't buy these sunglasses anywhere as they are vintage but originally they were Prada sunglasses, but yeah, I think any sunglasses would look great with this outfit. Maybe next time I would pair a coloured lense with it, just to add a pop of colour, as they are also very much on trend at the moment. 

Let me know what you think of this outfit in the comments, I know you are probably going to be seeing it a lot more of it as I am in love. I have left the links to the pieces that are still avaliable underneath this so if you want to get this dress for yourself then you definitely should!
Grace xx

Links:

12 comments:

  1. I love this post! I’m the same with my legs and I’m just trying to go with it anyway - you look great!
    Meg | www.chatswithmegs.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you love the dress and that it fits!! the pictures turned out so great i’m shook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's your great skills right there!

      Delete
  3. This dress is gorgeous! It suits you so much too, you look amazing, love how you've styled it xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this outfit looks awesome on you, it's such a nice dress! Love your hair as well :)

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress looks so gorgeous on you. I always get super worried about what my legs look like.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete