Friday 24 August 2018

Revolution Pro Regeneration Eye Shadow Palette Review

I have been on the hunt for a colourful eye shadow palette for a while now but I never wanted to spend a lot of money on some super bright shades just incase I didn't use them as often as my neutral palettes, so I decided to ask for this Revolution Pro palette as part of my birthday list and very kindly, my mum got it for me so I thought I would do a quick review of it today.
This palette retails for £8 and for 18 shades, I really don't think that you could go wrong with that price. The size of the pans are also very generous so it would definitely take you a long time to hit pan on any of these shades. I also love that Makeup Revolution has brought out a palette like this because I find it rare that I drugstore brand brings out an all brights palette with such a generous range of shades.
Revolution Beauty describes this palette as "a mix of vibrant primary shades to inspire creativity, Mischief Mattes feature the same silky and easily blendable matte formula." Off of first impressions, I do agree with this statement, not so much about the formula but the way they talk about the colour scheme. Every time I do look at this palette, I just feel so inspired to create something so unique and fun so I love that this palette can spark that creative element for me as it makes me fall back in love with makeup again.
The main reason I wanted this palette or the fact that I've been drawn to it is because of the unique colour selection. I love that you have your key primary colours, some more unique shades like those pink shades, but also some more neutral shades so, therefore, this is a palette that you can create multiple looks with, without dipping into any others. Most of you probably already know that I also love a matte white shade as I can't live without it, so the fact that this palette has that too makes this a perfect palette for me.
All of these shades are completely matte too which I love as I am mostly likely to wear shades like this in the crease and so because they are matte, I think that they are much easier to work with. Although matte shades sometimes lack more pigment than a shimmery shade, I don't mind as I think that this is a nicer finish.
Just to cover the packaging, it comes in this typical plastic packaging without a mirror and honestly I'm not mad about it because so many products these days have mirrors and if that was to increase the price, I just would rather it not have a mirror. It is a little bigger than most of their other palettes but that is mainly because of the large pan size and the actualy amount of shades you get. The closure on this palette is also super secure so it is definitely safe to travel with and it is very sturdy so I can't imagine that this would get damaged easily which is good considering how clumsy I can be.
As for the formula itself, you definitely pick up a lot of product on a brush but you also get a lot of kick back so just bare that in mind. I prefer to tap off the excess before applying it to my eyes just so that I don't get any fall out but do keep in mind that doing so, you take away some of the pigment. The pigment though is good. I wouldn't say that it is specatular but it gives you the ability to go in light handed at first and then be able to build it up into something more vibrant if you want. It is definitely a versatile formula because of this pigmentation but I am not disapointed by it as it means I am less likely to make a mistake and instead I can take my time and gradually add more and more colour. They also blend out very nicely. I will say that when you do start to blend out some of the brighter shades, their opacity does weaken but like I said, you can just build that up again. For mattes though, they blend seamlessly and don't look patchy which I guess is one of the most impoartant things, it just is time consuming because of the way you need to build up the colour.
Overall, I am really enjoying using this palette and I will continue to do so as I love the range of colours you get and I can see myself creating a lot of different looks with this palette. I would recommend this palette to someone who is wanting to start out with brighter eye shadow as it is easier to work with than other palettes I own but I think if you are pretty advanced with working with colour then maybe skip this palette as it does require so much building up. It is definitely a palette worth picking up though because of how afforable it is.
Do let me know your thoughts if you have used this palette before or any other Revolution palette. 

Grace xx

Links:

9 comments:

  1. I love Revolutions palettes and i like the look of this but i know i wouldn’t use it as i’m not adventurous at all! the shadows look insane as always! great post Grace! Amelia Xxx

    www.itsmeexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette would be so perfect for festival season! I'm also so impressed with how many shades you get for the price, it's so budget friendly.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Chloe x

    http://www.yourschloe.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the selection is amazing too, there is nothing like it on the market just yet!xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They are not usually to my taste but I love these particular shades and undertones!xx

      Delete

  4. This is a brilliant post! I never got a summer glow this year,which I don't mind but great post for those who want to keep it!
    Writing notebooks online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such vibrant shades! Looks really pretty. Love to see a look with these shades!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete