Monday 3 September 2018

Let's Chat - Results Day, New York, Sixth Form?

To say that this post was spontaneous would be an understatment. Basically I feel like I owe you all a bit of an update as a few things in my life right now have changed. I am actually currently writing this post on a Sunday night while watching X Factor, so hopefully you are reading this Monday morning as I want this to go up ASAP. 

The main thing I want to address in this post is what my plans are for sixth form. If you read my last few chatty posts you will know that I got into a local fashion college to study a Btec in fashion this September and I was super excited to go but it turns out that I have actually declined my place there. I actually recieved my GCSE results while I was on holiday and to say the least, they were not what I expected. It turns out that I did much better in my GCSEs than what I had expected and so I made a decision to stay at my high school's sixth form to do my alevels. Moral of the story is that I just have to make a last mintue decision apparently. My thought process behind this is simply that I want to get a more acedemic qualification before fully commiting to a career in fashion. I have always found that I am quite a naturally academic person so I want to persue that for the time being and keep fashion as my hobby. Fashion is something I have been passionate about my whole life but where I'm at right now, I don't feel ready to commit to something just yet so I'm keeping my options open for another two years and then hopefully I will have a better understanding then. With that being said, for my alevels, I am now taking maths, economics, history and fine art. I do plan on maintaining my fashion as a hobby as of right now and continuing to educate myself. I know not everyone will undertsand this decision and will not agree with me but just know that I didn't make this decision lightly and it have looked at it from multiple perspectives and this is my final decision. I do have the ability to change my mine, I can reapply for the fashion college if I find that I don't like sixth form but as of right now, I am super happy with my decision. 
However that now means that I start Alevels a little sooner than I had first anticipated so that means it has taken a priority as of right now. I actually start this Wednesday and since I wasn't really expecting this I haven't really formed a routine for my blog yet so I may not be postting very frequently for a few weeks. I hope you don't mind but I have got to prioritise settling into my new routine. There are lots of posts I plan on doing this month and as much as I want to do those posts they are going to have to wait a little bit but I promise that they will be worth it (I hope).
On the topic of upcoming blog posts, I have just came back from my holiday and so I would love it if you commented what you would like to see from me, whether it is a holiday haul or a summary of everything I got up to, I'd love to know. 
I know this post was a little short but I did just want to fill you in on my current state and my plans for the very near future.
Grace xx

4 comments:

  1. I'm starting my A levels on Wednesday too and I'm in no way prepared!
    Maybe you could do a holiday outfit diary? (links with your fashion?) and I'd love to read a haul and a summary too!
    Good luck at sixth form!
    Charlotte x
    http://vieaveccharlotte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will definitely get around to writing those posts! Hope your first day went well!xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your A-levels, I have just finished mine and I'm still don't know what I want to do! It's hard to make decisions that feel like they will effect your whole life when still so young!

    Molly | www.mollyeez.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree, it is so much pressure, I am only hoping that I have made the right decision!xx

      Delete