Thursday 11 October 2018

Blazer Obsessed!

You are going to see me mention my sixth form a lot in these fashion posts, but it was actually a blessing as the dress code at my sixth form has really inspired a lot of these outfits that I am sharing with you. I am not sure whether it is like this for all sixth forms, but at mine, a blazer is a necessary part of the dress code, and I won't lie, I wasn't super excited about it, but it turns out, that I am kind of loving them. 

After picking up a few blazers, I have actually fallen in love with them as I think that they just look so smart but you can make them look so cool too. Today's outfit is more of a casual way of styling a blazer as it is paired with a bit of denim and it would just look super cute if you were out and about shopping or having a meal with some friends. 
For the blazer itself, it is actually from Miss Selfridge, however, I can't seem to find it online so I have linked a similar one at the end of this post, along with everything else in this out. I love this blazer though, mainly because of its print. A checkered print like this, I find to look so preppy and I love that it is mainly grey as it is then super neutral and more versatile to style. Saying that the checkered print is obviously the statement piece in this outfit but you could quite easily pair this blazer with a brightly colour top or some coloured trousers. I also really love the fit of this blazer, I think that it is really flattering as it goes in at the waist. The silver button detail, I also think is a great touch as it goes so well with the rest of the blazer. 
To go with the blazer, I just paired it with a black bandeau underneath. I love the way this looked together as it was so basic but because the bandeau was cropped, it showed a little more skin which I think makes this outfit a little more day-appropriate. 
As for bottoms, I kept it super simple with a pair of skinny jeans. These particular ones are from Topshop and are the Jamie jeans which will forever and always be my favourite style of jean. This wash is a mid-blue and there are no rips or anything on these jeans, so it is pretty basic, but like I said earlier, I wanted the blazer to stand out the most in this outfit.  I love the way blue and grey look together but to add to the outfit, I added a chunky black belt. This goes so well with the blazer as they both have silver hardware so for me, it just completed the look. 
I know you can't see shoes in these pictures, but I would probably just wear this with a pair of black Chelsea boots as they are essential for me in autumn and winter. 
Let me know in the comments how you would style this blazer, I would love to know!
Grace xx

Links:
Blazer - Miss Selfridge (similar)
Bandeau - Topshop
Belt - Boohoo
Jeans - Topshop

2 comments: