Tuesday 9 October 2018

Stepping Out Of My Comfort Zone - Wide Leg Jumpsuit Edition

I love fashion and I have a huge admiration for fashion, however when it comes to my own personal style, you could say that I am pretty set on my jeans and a t-shirt look. However, with starting sixth form, I have given myself a little challenge to try and step out of my comfort zone, especially in terms of what I wear, mainly because I am not allowed to wear jeans (pray for me people). That was sort of the inspiration for this post as while I was in New York, I saw this jumpsuit and thought I could never pull it off, but I bought it anyway and now I am reporting back on how I wore it. 
If you saw my blog back in July then you might have seen that I did a post covering a different jumpsuit I picked up (linked here) accept that jumpsuit was a little more summer-appropriate as it was more of a cullotte style. This jumpsuit however is full length and wide leg. Some people pull off wide leg trousers so well but it has always intimidated me as I am just so use to seeing myself in skinny jeans or trousers with a cuffed bottom. When it came to trying on this jumpsuit, I actually fell in love with it straight away. Starting with the wide legs, I didn't expect to love them as much as I did, they felt so super comfortable and I love how they swoosh when I walk (it's the little things). I did find the wide leg to also look quite flattering, I know you can't see them fully in the picture, but I just love how they look. As for the top half of the jumpsuit, it is so flattering! The main reason I love this jumpsuit is because of the buckle detail on each side, as it is adjustable, it allows you to really add shape and flatter your waist. It definitely helps give you curves by allowing you to tighten the waist, which I love. The neckline is also super beautiful too, I love that it is more of a square neck and it is a little lower as it lets you show off whatever it is that you are wearing underneath it. 
As for the print, I love how simple it is. Black and white are such esssential shades in any outfit and I think that this grid print is super fun. I love that the grid lines are thin as it makes it look a little more subtle than if the lines were thicker. The silver buckle detail also looks so great with the white lines.
This jumpsuit is just so comfortable and what I have quickly realised is how easy it is to style. The day I wore this jumpsuit, I kept it super simple and just paired a white t-shirt with it but I think that it could also look super fun with a bright coloured t-shirt or when winter comes, a thick knit jumper. To finished off the outfit though, I just paired it with a black blazer (which is uniform at my sixth form) and some black pumps, just keeping it super neutral and keeping the attention focused on the jumpsuit. 
Both the t-shirt and jumpsuit are linked at the end of this post, but I really hope you liked this post. I am so happy with this purchase and I am so proud of myself for biting the bullet and wearing this to sixth form. It might not seem like a big deal to everyone, but I am slowly taking more steps towards a more adventurous style. 
Grace xx

Links:
Top - MissGuided
Jumpsuit - Forever 21

4 comments:

  1. Adore this jumpsuit Grace, wide leg trousers are the best! I can't believe it's from Forever 21, I need to shop there more! And well done to you for stepping out your comfort zone!! :)
    Kate Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute print, I really like it! Great job stepping out of your comfort zone, it paid off!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely jumpsuit. I've been looking for a jumpsuit for ages and this one sounds perfect! xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is the most perfect jumpsuit, would highly recommend Forever 21!xx

      Delete