Thursday 25 October 2018

Sticking to the basics - Being boring?

Disclaimer: I've noticed that a lot of the items within this outfit are quite luxurious and I just want to say how grateful I am to be able to own items like this in my collection. The last thing I'd want anyone think was that I was trying to brag or show off, I am not. This was genuinely what I wore that day and it is only now, having already written this post, that I have noticed. 

I am definitely learning that I just prefer my fashion posts when my outfit pictures aren't taken from the comfort of my lovely, yet super tiny and unphotogenic room so the fashion posts will be happening a little less often but I guess it's quality over quantity. However, Penny and I did have a little photoshoot in Liverpool the other day and so I thought I'd share with you what I wore.
It has been so long since I have worn a pair of jeans with my sixth form dress code and all, but they just never get old. I am such a jeans and a tshirt girl at heart and so excuse this post for being super basic and boring but I guess it's better than nothing. This was also the first time I took my new bag out for a spin and I know designers aren't for everyone, but I'm obsessed and I just really wanted to include it in this outfit. Also, is anyone else really disappoint in this so-called autumn weather. In the UK right now, it is not feeling all that autumnal as the sun is still beaming most days so excuse the fact I'm not wearing a think knit jumper and tights, but hopefully that day will come soon. 

I love my leather jacket, it is my prized posession, I just can't live without it and for me, in winter it is great to layer with. This one in particular, you have probably seen a lot if you have read some of my previous outfit posts but it is from the brand Black Rivet but it is from the Wilsons Leather shop and I love it. It fits me perfectly and you just can't go wrong with a black, leather biker jacket.
In this case, I teamed this jacket with a v-neck striped t-shirt from Missguided, which is actually a t-shirt dress but because I tucked it into my jeans, you couldn't tell. I love stripes, I just think that they will never go out of style and black and white strips are so easy to style. The style of this top is also super fun too, because the v-neck is quite big you can make it go of the shoulder and I think that just gives it such a nice oversized look.
As for the jeans I tucked the t-shirt dress into, they are Levi Skinny Jeans, I am not really sure on the exact name but I will link them nevertheless. Blue jeans for me are just my favourite, believe it or not, but I just don't like black skinny jeans anywhere near as much. The wash of these jeans are perfect too because they are not too light or too dark, just the perfect inbetween. This particular size though is a little too long for me so I did end up rolling them up at the bottom but I love that look as it is just so casual.
I also wore a belt with this outfit, which wasn't really necessary because the jeans do fit me perfectly but I wanted something that would tie with the leather jacket a little more so this belt is from Boohoo and it has quickly became such a staple for me. I love how simple it is, as it is just a silver, rectangular buckle, so it goes with everything and I think it went really well with this outfit.
Before I left my house, I was umming and ahhing over what shoes I should wear because I find it so hard to find a pair of shoes that is the perfect combination of looking smart and like you made an effort with them also being comfortable. I had tried on about five pairs of shoes before going with my trusty plain white Vans. My relationship with these shoes has not always been smooth sailing but they were so comfortable with this outfit and I liked wearing them instead of my typical black chealsa boots. 
For the bag, which is just my new favourite thing, it is the Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM which is just so iconic and I am just in love. This bag is so versatile and it is going to go with everything but I love the way it looked with this outfit. It is definitely a rather large bag but go big or go home, right? I am definitely looking forward to styling this bag some more as I think that is is such a timeless piece and will never go out of fashion.
Do let me know what you think of this outfit, I know it was a little boring but hopefully I will get some more interesting outfit posts up soon(ish), just please bare with me!
Grace xx
Links:

9 comments:

  1. Casual is always best! Love the look~

    Lotte | www.lottelauv.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is great look as simple and casual

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how casual yet stylish this outfit is! The bag is gorgeous!!

    Lily Loves | https://www.lilyloves.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the post, keep sharing with us black leather backpack looks stylish.

    ReplyDelete