Saturday 29 December 2018

All the books I received for Christmas this year

I am really trying to grow my book collection at the moment and so I put a few books on my wishlist for Christmas, little did I think though that I would be lucky enough to have recieved all of them this year. I am so thankful to have been given all of these books this year and I will definitely be reading away in 2019, hoping that I get to all of these books. 

To All The Boys I've Loved Before Series - Jenny Han
I have been wanted to read this series for the longest time so I am so happy to finally have these in my collection. I may or may not have already seen the film of the first book but I still want to read all the books, especially because the film was so amazing. We all know I love a predicable, cheesy romance so there is no doubt that I am going to love this whole series. 
 They Both Die At The End - Adam Silvera
During 2018, I had read History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera and I really fell in love with his writing style, I have also been seeing a lot of people talking about this book recently and so I put it on my wishlist also. I love Adam Silvera's writing style because of he describes mental health and emotions of grief and loss in a way that is accurate, sensitive but also educating. The plot of this book also intrigues me massively and so I definitely am looking forwards to picking this book up. 

The Hate You Give - Angie Thomas
Can you believed I haven't read this book yet? Neither can I to be completely honest. I know how important this book is to a lot of people and I have also heard nothing but amazing things so I plan on this being one of the first books I read in 2019 because I also really want to see the film that recently came out. This book is all about the Black Lives Matter Movement which I think is such a relevant and important topic that needs to be discussed more and I plan on educating myself on this matter by reading this book and possibly doing my own further research. I also know that Angie Thomas is coming out with another book early 2019 and so I would really like to pick that one up once I have read this one. 
 Snow Like Ashes - Sara Raasch
I really want to expand my genres next year in terms of what I read and fantasy is such an intriguing genre to me, that I want that to be the first topic I tackle first. Hailey in Bookland is one of my favourite Booktubers and she did a video a few months ago all about fantasy books for beginners, which I clear am, and this book was on the list. To be completely honest, I know near to nothing about this book but I really want to go into it blind and discover it for myself. I really hope I love the fantasy genre and I trust that Hailey knows what she's recommending. 

The Cruel Prince - Holly Black
This was another book in Hailey's video and so I also added this to my wishlist, but Holly Black is also releasing the sequel to this in 2019 and so I think that if I want to get to this series, then I better start soon. From what I know about this book, it includes fairies, which is very intriguing to me and I am excited to see how it plays out. I think I will definitely be doing an update about my fantasy genre exploring journey once I have read a few of these books because I think that it could be very beneficial for some other people who are also interested in this gene. 
 The Fashion Rules - Victoria Magrath
Finally, this is a non-fiction book written by the amazing InTheFrow who has got to be one of my favourite fashion influencers. She is so well educated and not to mention, that her style is also amazing, but when I found out that she had published a book all about fashion, I knew I needed it in my life. I have had a little flick through already but I am very much looking forward to sticking my nose in and learning more about the fashion industry. This book looks so informative and well put together and I am so happy to have it in my collection. I will also put it out there that this cover is stunning and will probably be featured a lot in my flatlays in the future. 

Do let me know what your thoughts are on any of these books if you have read them, I would love to know!
Grace xx

2 comments:

  1. Seems like a great choice of books! I've only read the To All the Boys I've Loved Before series (which is a great series) but I've heard only good things about the other books! I don't read much fantasy but The Cruel Prince sounds so intriguing!

    venus | http://www.venusaby.com

    ReplyDelete