Thursday 27 December 2018

Some of the beauty pieces I received for Christmas

I hope all of you had an incredible Christmas, I definitely had an amazing day. I came to the conclusion this year that I didn't want to do a whole 'What I got for Christmas' blog post just because it wouldn't be to the standard I'd want it to be so instead I thought I'd just share with you some of the little bits and bobs I got instead. This post is just going to be talking about all of the beauty bits I received for Christmas and I will also be doing a post all about the books I received for Christmas. You will definitely be seeing some of the presents I got for Christmas in upcoming posts but as for right now, I am not going to do a post dedicated the gifts I received this year. Saying that though I am incredibly grateful and I feel very lucky for everything I've received this year and I hope that comes across in this post because I definitely do not intend to write this blog post with the intention of bragging or showing off.

I am going to start out with the little makeup bits I got and then I will go into the larger gift sets. Starting with this Dose of Colours Blushing Berries Eye Shadow Palette. I put this on my wishlist because I love little all matte palettes like this because I find them so useful to travel with and the colour scheme of this palette is so beautiful. They do have a more warm, orange-toned version of this palette but I thought I would push the boat out a little bit and go with this selection of shades. They are definitely berry tones as the name would suggest but I think I could create so many lovely looks with this palette and I have heard great things about this formula so I cannot wait to try this out for myself. This palette also comes with a brush and a mirror so I definitely think that this will be my go-to travel palette from now on. 
Another Dose of Colour product I really wanted to receive for Christmas was the Dose of Colours X Desi and Katy Lip Gloss in Over The Top. I discovered both Desi and Katy this year and I have been keeping up with their collabs and when I saw this one, I knew I needed this lip gloss. Although their whole collection was to die for, I thought that this lip gloss was right up my street and also so photogenic (priorities, I know). I feel so lucky to have gotten this for Christmas because I thought that it would have sold out but I am so glad I've got it because it is stunning. This shade is clear but has tiny, tiny gold flecks in it that just makes your lips look so glossy. I wore this on Christmas day and I loved how it looked so I can see this being a new favourite from now on. 
I love my Ofra x Nikkie Tutorials highlighter and so I want to try another one from Ofra and so I asked for the Ofra Mini Highlighter in Rodeo Drive. This mini size just seemed so cute on Beauty Bay but sadly I don't think they've got it in stock anymore. Anyway, this highlighter has so much hype around it so I really wanted to try it out for myself and I also wore this on Christmas day and wow was it stunning. It is the perfect pale gold shade and it is really intense but it just makes your skin look wet. I think that this mini size is perfect because it is not very likely that I would use up a full size but I think that I could really get my money's worth out of this one. I also really love Orfra's new packaging on their highlighters, it is so super sleek now and it is super protective. 
You're probably going to think that I am highlighter obsessed but this next product has been on my wishlist for the longest time and I am so excited to finally have it to try out. This is the Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder in Coco Bling and I have heard and seen so many incredible things about this product that I just really wanted one of my own. I have not had the chance to try this out yet but I definitely think that you will be hearing my thoughts about it soon. As for the shade I picked up, it is a beautiful pale champagne colour that I think will even work when I'm a little paler. I have never worked with a loose highlighter before so it is definitely going to be an experience but I think that I am really going to like this product. 
I have been curious about the Revolution Bake & Finish Power since it came out and now I will finally have the chance to test it for myself. I love a good loose power but I feel like I am still yet to find my perfect one and I have heard good things about this one. The amount you get for the price of this product is also unbelievable so I am very curious to see how it works on my skin, you will definitely be hearing about this soon. 
As for some of the gift sets I received, the first one was the Zoeva Plaisir Eye Shadow Palette Vault. This contains three of Zoeva's ten shade eyeshadow palettes, all of which are very popular. I have never tried anything from Zoeva before but I know that their palettes are well loved so I felt as though that was a good place to start. I love all three of these palettes because all of the shades are so wearable and right up my street. These palettes are going to be great for travelling and I am hopefully going to be creating loads of looks with them very soon. Also, the packaging of this vault is so beautiful, all of the gold foilings just makes me so happy. These palettes are also a great value for money when you buy them in this set so I think that if you are as curious as I am about this brand, then I would recommend picking this set up. 
I love The Body Shop and I love the Christmas scents that they come out with every year. I really wanted to get the chance to have each of their scents before they were gone and so for Christmas I got the The Body Shop Festive Body Butter Trio. The body butter from The Body Shop have got to be one of my favourite products that they have and so when I saw this set, it was immediately on my wishlist. I cannot wait to make my way through these body butters as well as the ones I recieved in my advent calendar. 

If you know me, you will know that I love The Body Shop Camomile range and so when I saw the Camomile 123 Set, I knew I had to have it. This has one of my favourite cleansers inside it which is so lovely and works a dream as well as a mini eye makeup remover that I love just as much. I love this set and it is a great value for money so I am so grateful to have been given this. 
My mum is not really into beauty and so she never tends to buy me it unless I've asked for it, however, she really challenged herself this year and she picked up the Liz Earle Indulgent Botanical Beauty 6 Piece Collection all on her own. I have had the Liz Earle cleanse and polish a few times now and it is a lovely luxurious product that I always enjoy dearly and so to have it back is great. Saying that I have also never tried out any of their other skincare but this gift set containers their toner, moisturizer, body wash and hand wash as well as two bottles of the cleanse and polish which I just think is amazing. I am so excited to try out all of these products and I am so proud of my mum for picking this out for me. 
Finally, for Christmas, I was also gifted this gorgeous Victoria Secret Makeup Bag Set which I am in love with. This is such a clever concept to me because you get four makeup bags and the three smaller ones fit in the one bigger one. I am a firm believer that you can never have too many makeup bags and these ones are just stunning so I am definitely going to be using them the next chance I get. 

Let me know if you have ever tried out any of these products and if so, what your thoughts are!
Grace xx

2 comments:

  1. You received so many fab gifts!! I am sure you will love the Zoeva palettes, I have their Cocoa Blend one and it is one of my all time faves. Hope you had the best Christmas!

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin, you too! I have used the Zoeva palettes a few times now and they have definitely not disappointed me!xx

      Delete