Sunday 9 December 2018

The Body Shop Deluxe Advent Calendar - Week 1

As part of my Christmas present this year, my parents very kindly got me The Body Shop Deluxe Advent Calendar. I have had this advent calendar a few times in previous years and I have loved them to pieces. The Body Shop has always been one of my favourite brands but their advent calendars, I think, have the best value for what you get inside and so I was ecstatic to have another one this year. Therefore, this year I thought I would go 'back to my roots' and do my weekly round-up of the contents of this calendar like I use to back when I first started this blog. Hopefully, you will be getting this post every Sunday up until Christmas just so that you can determine for yourself whether you think this calendar is worth it or not.  



Day 1 - Peppermint Candy Cane Shower Gel
So far, this is my favourite product I have received in this calendar, mainly because it is from their Christmas range and it just smells so incredible. The Body Shop shower gels have always been a staple in my collection, I find that their formula is just so lovely and the range of scents they come in are just incredible. This peppermint candy cane scent is so delicious and festive, I definitely cannot wait to use it in the build up to Christmas. I also think that this 60 ml size is really generous as you only need a little bit to work up a lather so it is safe to say that this will last you a while.

Day 2 - Mango Body Butter
This is such a classic for me as I am pretty sure that this was one of the first products I had ever bought from The Body Shop so to have another one back in my collection is so nice for me. I have always loved this mango scent from The Body Shop as it is so sweet and fresh smelling. However, I am pretty sure that they have changed this formula of this scent of body butter because it is much thicker than I remember it being but that is definitely not a bad thing. I have used this a few times this week and I really love it. With the weather being much colder, I have found my skin getting much drier and this is definitely so moisturizing on the skin.

Day 3 - White Musk Body Lotion
I will be honest, I prefer the body butters much more than the body lotions from The Body Shop but I will say, it is mainly because of the packaging. For me, the body lotion containers are very stiff and so I find it hard to get all of the product out of it whereas the body butters are so much easier to use. Saying that I definitely don't remind receiving a body lotion just to mix it up a little bit. The white musk scent never use to appeal to me but it has definitely grown on me over the past few years. It is definitely very strong and mature so I will definitely be using this in small doses.

Day 4 - Nail File
As for day four, I did get a nail file which I can see some people being disappointed in, but honestly, I was quite pleased. This definitely isn't just a cheap nail file, it is definitely very good quality and I also love how it represents cruelty-free beauty. I definitely think that this is super cute and I am glad it is in the advent calendar. Nail files, I feel like, is always necessary but you would never think to buy them yourself so to receive one, I think, is a very good idea.



Day 5 - Strawberry Shower Gel
This is another throwback product as this was the first product I had ever bought from The Body Shop. I am definitely a fruity smell person and so this strawberry scent is just insane. I find that the scents are so strong but not sickly or overwhelming which is perfect, especially in a shower gel. This is very similar today one though but just a different scent which I am super happy about as I always use these shower gels so it is a good job that I have a few to mix and match with.

Day 6 - Coconut Bubble Bath
To be completely honest, I had no idea that The Body Shop did bath bombs and stuff like this but I am definitely interested to see how they work. If you know me, you will know that I just don't like the smell of coconut so I think I might pass on this product and give it to someone else just because I know I won't enjoy using this. However, from what I've read, this seems very similar to the Lush bubble bars so I think that if they offer other scents, I will definitely give them a try. 

Day 7 - Camomile Eye Makeup Remover
I still have my one of these from my last advent calendar and it is such a good job that I have another as I have just recently run out of my other one. This is such a good eye makeup remover, and the camomile range from The Body Shop, in general, is so good because it is so gentle on the skin but it still does the job. I love to use this eye makeup remover whenever I have really heavy eyeshadow on or just a really stubborn mascara. It does such a good job of getting rid of any excess makeup without hurting my eyes. This 60 ml size is also really good as my last one lasted me a really long time so hopefully, this one will too because you do only need a little bit. 

Day 8 - Green Tea Bath Bomb
This is another bath product and I definitely think that I am going to keep this one for myself as I think that I am going to really love this scent. I do think that this is a different formula than the coconut on though because this is a proper bath bomb but I don't mind that because I don't have that many bath bombs in my collection right now. I will say though, that this one and the coconut bubble bath one are quite small, they are definitely very mini so I will have to test whether they are that effective. 

Let me know what you think of the first week of this advent calendar, I am definitely very impresssed and excited to start using these products. 
Grace xx

2 comments:

  1. I have the same advent calendar! This is my first time having one, I can't wait to see what they have for the rest of the days :)

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always regret not picking up a calendar from the body shop when I see everyone posting what's inside. It seems fab, the products seem great. I look forward to seeing what else is inside xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete