Monday 24 December 2018

The Body Shop Deluxe Advent Calendar - Week 3

Christmas day is tomorrow which can only mean that the advent calendars are coming to an end. I know that I am definitely going to miss my daily chocolate treat but I am also going to deeply miss this The Body Shop advent calendar. This calendar never disappoints me and this year was no different. I am so grateful to have had this calendar again and in today's post, I am going to be sharing with you the final products that came inside this advent calendar.
Day 17 - Brow and Lash Comb
I find these brow and lash combs to be so useful. You would never think that they would be essential in a makeup brush collection but I always find myself reaching for these every once in a while. I have got a few of these in my collection but some of them are getting old now so at least I can replace them with this new one. This brush is so useful just to comb through your brows or to separate your eyelashes when your mascara has gone a bit clumpy. 
Day 18 - Shea Hand Cream
Like I said in my week two round up, I love The Body Shop hand creams and this is a scent that I love from them. Their Shea scent is so perfect for everyone because it is not very strong but it just smells super lovely. I have been reaching for this hand cream a few times this week and it is definitely very nourishing and hydrating so I can see myself really loving this. 

Day 19 - Eyelash Curlers
Another super useful product and if you know me, you will know that I swear by my eyelash curlers. I don't know what they do but I just find that they make my eyelashes look tonnes better once I've used them. I have a few lash curlers in my collection so I think that I am going to save this for when my others get a little old and grubby and then I've got a brand new one I will be able to use. 
Day 20 - Mango Shower Gel
If you have been reading this weekly round ups, then you will know that I received a mango body butter and you will also know that I adore this scent, so to have another product in the mango scent is just a dream to me. I love the shower gel formula from The Body Shop, you only need a small amount, it lathers up really well and the scents are really strong when you use them which I love. 
Day 21 - Black Eye Kohl Liner
You cannot go wrong with a black kohl pencil eyeliner, I definitely prefer them over liquid just because I feel like I have a bit more control with a pencil. I love that you get black in this calendar as that means most people will use this on a regular basis. I have had this product a few times in this calendar before and I really love the formula of this pencil. It is pretty basic, but it is also pigmented, easy to apply and it lasts a generous amount of time also. 

Day 22 - Strawberry Smoothing Face Mist
I am pretty sure that this is a fairly new product to The Body Shop as I bought the mint one of these sprays for my holiday back in August and they were on the new in stand so to have one in this calendar is super cool. Like I said, I have another scent of this spray and I use it all the time. They are super universal because you can use them before or after you moisturize your skin, some you can use to set your make and I sometimes just like to use them to refresh or cool down my skin. This scent is also super lovely, I love anything strawberry smelling and it is pretty potent too which I guess you will either love or hate, but I love it. 
Day 23 - Matte Liquid Lipstick in Tahiti Hibiscus
Can you believe that I have never tried one of The Body Shop liquid lipsticks before? I have heard so many good things about them but I just never really got round to picking one up but I love that I have received one of them in this calendar. It is definitely in a shade that is very out of my comfort zone but I guess that's what's great about this calendar. The colour is a very deep red shade that I hope to try out soon, it is definitely perfect for the Christmas season. This is a matte liquid lipstick so I will be interested to see how well it lasts but also see whether it is drying, especially in this cold weather. 
Day 24 - Coconut Body Butter (full size)
This has to be the most exciting product on the calendar, or at least I think it is. I have only ever had a few full sized body butters before just because they take quite a while to use up and I never know whether I will use it all up but I know that I am definitely going to finish this one. If you know me, you will know that I don't like coconut scented things and so when I saw that this was coconut scented, I was a little gutted because I didn't think that I was going to like it, however, I used it this morning to moisturize my legs and it actually smells amazing. I think what's so good about this scent is that it is sweet smelling which I think is why I love it so much. Nevertheless, this formula is so moisturizing and lovely and I am so glad to have another full size one in my collection. Not to mention that these also retail for £15 on their own, so clearly this advent calendar is a good value for money. 

Day 25 - Owl Flannel
I know that I am probably going to get told off for opening this one a day early but I just really wanted to get this post up, so yes I did already open day 25. Anyway though, to finish off this advent calendar, you so get this super adorable flannel which is in the shape of an owl. I love little things like this and flannels are so useful. I tend to use them to spot clean my makeup brushes or to help take off my makeup and as much as I don't want to ruin the colour of this fresh flannel, I will definitely be using this soon. 
Let me know what you think of this advent calendar as a whole. I have definitely loved opening this every day this month in the build-up to Christmas and I think that I have received an amazing range of products that I can see myself using throughout next year. My opinion still remains that I think that The Body Shop do the best beauty advent calendars just because they are such a great value for money and there are so many cool products you get to try out. Would you consider buying this advent calendar next year?
Grace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment