Sunday 3 February 2019

A LITTLE UPDATE

I was a bit unsure on what I wanted to post this weekend because I have a lot of bookish posts going up soon but I wanted to split them up a bit and so I thought I would ramble a little bit instead. I would honestly be so impressed if anyone could stand reading my little rambling posts but I guess that's okay as posts like this allow me to reflect on recent events. 
It is currently February now and January definitely took some twists and turns that I didn't expect, some for the best and some for the worst. I had a lot of aims in January and although I did achieve some of them, I can't help but feel a little disappointed in myself because I know that I could have been more productive. 
My blog, in the month of January, definitely start off really well. I was posting nearly every other day but then I started to go into a bit of a decline when I started to feel uninspired. I know that it is really normal to feel a bit bored with your current content but currently, I don't know what I'm doing. Right now, I could describe my blog to you, because there aren't a set amount of topics that I discuss, it is sort of random and even though that might be okay for some, it is really starting to confuse me. You have probably noticed, but I have started blogging about books a lot more and as much as I love it, I can't help feeling like I am disappointing people by not posting beauty content which is how I started out.
In the month of February, I definitely hope to rediscover myself a bit more, especially in terms of my blog and my place on social media. I have definitely been fluctuating in terms of my activity but I really want to step up to the plate and challenge myself a bit more in terms of content I struggle to discuss and experimenting more with pictures to go on my Instagram and on my blog also. 

In terms of my education, Sixth Form is going pretty average for me right now, nothing has really seemed to change or adjust, apart from the fact that my AS exam in Further Maths has been officialized which is super scary but I am excited to see how it turns out.
While on the topic of school though, it is safe to say that my mental health has definitely been on quite a journey over the past month. Two or three weeks into January, I felt as though I had relapsed and that I was in a really dark place but currently speaking, I am doing okay. A lot of little things have contributed to my changes in mood but in particular, I have been really paranoid about my actions and things I have said. It is safe to say, that I am like that a lot of the time but it has just been much more prominent over the past month. 
I definitely want to spend February focusing on myself and improving myself. It is really easy for me, and a lot of others, to dwell on my own flaws but I really want to better myself. I want to be nicer, I want to be more careful and I want to be more hard-working, they are just a few. Hopefully, I will start documenting more of this journey but I am not going to apply pressure on myself in terms of posting on my blog regularly, but if you follow my Instagram, you will probably know once I've posted.

Look after yourselves,
Grace xx

2 comments:

  1. I can completely relate with what you said about blogging! I go through phases where I'm completely uninspired and it's horrible. I've found taking a break is sometimes what I need. Also, don't worry about 'letting people down' with different content because it's your blog, not theirs! Always here if you need a chat or anything :) x

    -Charlotte / myownblogofthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much for this lovely comment Charlotte, this means the world to me!xx

      Delete