Thursday 7 February 2019

FEBRUARY TBR

I am really loving my bookish posts at the moment so I am going to carry on with them just because I am really just trying to explore myself and what it is that I want to post on my blog. For today though, I thought I would share my TBR for this month because I think that by doing this, I will be able to make sure that I get to all the books that I want to get to by tackling it one month at a time. This TBR is pretty ambitious this month though because it does include a classic and also the longest book that I will have ever read, if I get to it but there is a whole range of genres some maybe this might inspire some of you to try reading these books yourself in February. 

The first book is Damage by Eve Ainsworth which you would have probably have seen in my most recent book haul (linked here). This was such an impulse buy for me but I am super intriguied to get to this, in fact, I have already started it as I am writing this post. The book itself is pretty small so it should be a fairly quick read but from what I know about this book, it discusses a lot about mental health, in particular self-harm so if you are sensitive to that topic, then you may want to skip this book. I am definitely very intriguied to see how mental illness is presented in this book especially because I think it is really easy to cross the line sometimes, but you will definitely be seeing my thoughts on this once I have finished it. My hope for this book though is that it is really going to present a realistic image of mental illness and self-harm in a way that the people who read it will gain a greater understanding of the topic.

As for the classic on my TBR this month, it's Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. There isn't a particular reason as to why I want to read this book this month but I would love to say that I explored the classics genre more this year and so I wanted to start sooner rather than later. I know a lot of people love this book though and I am hoping I will do the same. To be completely honest, I know near to nothing about this book so I think I am going to keep it that way when I get to it, just so that I can really interpret this story in my own way. I also plan on watching the film adaptation to this book once I have read it just so that it might help my understanding of the book further. This book does seem pretty big though because the writing is quite small so I am intimidated by it, but hopefully I will get to it in February. 
I have said it loads already but I really want to explore the fantsay genre some more and so I want to start with a standalone book because it is less commitment, so I would be more inclined to read it first. In that case though, next on my TBR is Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson, which is all about werewolves and it also seems like it has a lot of romance in it also so I think that I am going to like it. This again, seems like a fairly short book and I really hope that I like it. It is definitely giving me Teen Wolf vibes so I think that it has the potential to be really good. 

If you have already seen my January Wrap Up (linked here) then you will already know that I have read the first three Harry Potter books and so to continue on with the series, I would like to get to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling this month. This book will be the biggest book I have ever read when I finish it and so having not started, I am quite aprehensive as to how I am going to get through it, but I am loving the Harry Potter series so far so I can only hope that it only gets better from here. I think it would be very overly ambitious for me to say that I would like to read more than one Harry Potter book this month, but we will see where the month goes, but as of right now, I would love to complete the fourth Harry Potter book by the time March comes around. 
The final book I want to get to in the month of February is The Sun is also a Star by Nicola Yoon. This is a really hyped young adult novel which is getting a film adaptation this year and so I am super egar to see what both the book and film are like. I have heard nothing but good things about this book and I have also heard that it is a pretty quick read so we will see how I get on with it but I just thought that this would be a really nice book to read in the middle of some fantasy and classics for something a little more light hearted. I don't know much about this book but I know that is set across the span of a day and that the two main characters are from two completely different lives. It seems to tackle the topic of immigration which I am super excited to educate myself on more, but I think that this could be a impactful read.

Let me know if you plan on doing any reading this month, and if so, which books?
Grace xx

6 comments:

  1. I've not read any of these, but they all seem so good! That last one might be worth checking out to give it a read before the film comes out xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm hoping the film will do the book justice!xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to read Damage, it's on my to buy list xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend the book in general!xx

      Delete
  3. The Sun Is Also A Star is such a good book, I loved reading it! Pride & Prejudice is also a classic on my TBR list x

    - Charlotte / myownblogofthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete