Wednesday 14 August 2019

STORING ACCESSORIES

Over quite a few years, I have accumulated quite the accessory collection, from rings to sunglasses, and storing them can be such a mission. I don't know about you, but I hate losing things, and so when it comes to storing the likes of my earings or something small, they need to be in a super secure place. In this blog post, I wanted to share some of the ways in which I store some of my jewellery and other accessory bits. 
For all of my really small pieces of jewellery, so usually rings and earings, I like to use a Ring Holder. There are so many of these on the market, and you can get some really cute ones. I got this balerina one from Next a while ago and I mainly love it because of the little dish at the bottom because it means that I can put my earrings there. Some ring holders will only have a bit to hook your rings on, but it you can get one that has a little more storage space, like this one, I think that they are much better. They definitely help you avoid losing the smaller earings and I just find it really convenient. I tend to keep my most used earings and rings on this, because it is such easy to just grab them and go. 

If you don't have a ring holder to store your earings, then I would really recommend Trinket Dishes. I love using these for my main braclets, necklaces and my watch. There is such a range you can get now, all different sizes, colours, shapes, the possibilities are endless so you can always find one to suit you. I have two currently and I don't really have a system, but they are both there to just keep my jewellery somewhere I wont forget. If I didn't have that ring holder, then I would definitely use one of the smaller trinket dishes to store my earings, most of them tend to be deep enough so it isn't likely that an earing would roll off them. 
For all of the jewellery that I maybe don't wear daily or more special, centimental pieces, I will keep in a Jewellery Box. Super basic and a classic, but you can't go wrong with a jewellery box to help keep your small accessories safe. There is such a range out there, you can get some really small ones, some perfect for travelling and some bigger ones for a bigger collection. My jewellery box is from Dulwich, and it is on the more expensive side of things, but I would highly recommend their products. There jewellery boxes are such high quality and a lot of them tend to be multipurpose, like mine, as it is a jewellery box, but inside it has a removable section that folds up into a portable jewellery holder, perfect for travelling. I will leave their link at the end of this post as I think they are definitely worth a look, but I will also like some cheaper alternatives. Especially if you've got a big jewellery collection, a box where you can keep and store it all is the way to go. The majoirty will have dividers, great for seperating necklaces from braclets or silver from gold jewellery and some of them will even have a ring roll for earings and rings. 

Since I don't go into my jewellery box that often either, it means that I can also use the top of it to store some of my sunglasses and other bits. It is just convenient to have all of my accessories in one place, as I can just go to this shelf in my room to grab everything. I tend to keep one sunglasses case and one or two pairs of sunglasses on top of my jewellery box as I don't have too many in my collection, and this is the easiest place for me to store them when they aren't in my handbag. 

The final way I store some of my other jewellery is by keeping the in Jewellery Bags. I tend to mainly do this for more dramatic, costume jewellery as I don't get them out very often and to also keep them seperated from my finer pieces of jewellery. If I have a really luxurious jewellery bag, I tend to keep it and put some pieces in there whether that be a really dramatic necklace, or bangle or even sunglasses that I don't reach for often. I just think that a small jewellery bag looks nicer than just having them out and it keeps everything looking neat. 
I'm going to link some of my favourite places to get some of these storage pieces from so you can go and shop them yourself. Let me know what you think of this post, it is something really different, but the pictures really inspired me to write it. 
Grace xx

Links:

3 comments:

  1. These are some really lovely accessories

    Candice || natalyaammour.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! I've been trying to get more into jewellery, so this is so helpful as I've not got anywhere to store it. Trinket dishes are so cute xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete