Tuesday 20 August 2019

TRAVEL MAKEUP BAG



If you are reading this blog post when I have posted it, then I will be in the airport ready to go on holiday which I am super excited about. I always love making these posts whenever I go on holiday and so I wanted to do an updated one. My travel makeup bag has changed a lot of the year and so instead of going through every product individually, I thought I'd do little summaries and then just list the products as I go along. 

For base products, I have tried to keep it super minimal. As I am going to a hot country, I don't want anything that is going to be too heavy or thick and so I have chosen to skip foundation completely. I would probably have skipped primer too, but the one I am bringing has nearly run out so I plan on not bringing it on the way back from my holiday. Since I am not bringing any foundation, I am bringing quite a few concealers. As I tan quite quickly, I am going to be lots of different shades over the time I am on holiday for so I am bringing four concealers all in different shades, but when you think about it, that still takes up less room than a foundation, or at least that is how I am justifying it. Some of the concealers I have brought are full coverage, but I am also bringing thinner ones to help blend them out. On holiday, I will sometimes want more coverage, especially if it is of an evening so I wanted to bring four concealers that I can do everything with, match me when I am pale, tan or somewhere in between and also when I want some light or something more full coverage. The rest of the base is pretty straight forward, some powders and a liquid highlight, all to look super fresh and glowy on holiday. 

Base products:
COLLECTION PRIMED AND READY PRIMER in warm apricot
MUA PRO BASE CONCEALER in #170
ELF CAMO CONCEALER in tan walnut
URBAN DECAY NAKED SKIN CONCEALER in light warm
REVOLUTION CONCEAL AND DEFINE CONCEALER in c2
ICONIC LONDON ILLUMINATOR DROPS in original
MUA PRO BASE POWDER in #130
ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS POWDERS in taupe and havana
FREEDOM PRO ARTIST HIGHLIGHTER in queen
OFRA HIGHLIGHTER in everglow
NATURAL COLLECTION BLUSHER in apricot dream
For eyes, I have tried to keep it simple. I love my custom palette for travelling, it really helps me to just have everything in one place, all nice and condense so that is how I am storing my eyeshadows. I am also enjoying filling my eyebrows in with powder right now so I know I will be able to use that palette as eyeshadow also, which gives me even more range. Most other things are pretty straight forward too. I am bringing a liquid eyeshadow, just to mix things up a bit, something quick and easy to apply. Obviously, waterproof mascara is essential also for a hot holiday. 

Eye products:
COLOURPOP EYESHADOWS in issues, best coast scenario, slim fit, come and get it
MAKEUP GEEK EYESHADOWS in beaches & cream, creme brulee, chickadee, tuscan sun
FREEDOM PRO ARTIST EYESHADOWS in sweet life
MUA 6 SHADE PALETTE in matte natural essentials
STILA SHIMMER & GLOW in starlight
COLLECTION VOLUMAX MASCARA in waterproof
COLLECTION COLOUR LASH MASCARA in clear
Finally for lips, nothing crazy, just some really staple lip products that will be super versatile and perfect for every day. A lot of them are minis which is why I am bringing them just because they do save space and are very convenient to travel with, especially if you know you are going to wear them a lot. Since I tend to stick to nude lips, I have tried to bring a range of different formulas so I have a matte liquid lip, a creamy lipstick and a gloss as well as a liner that I will be able to pair with all of them. 

MARC JACOBS LIP PENCIL in cream and sugar
MARC JACOBS LIP CREME in cream and sugar
MARC JACOBS LIP GLOSS in cream and sugar
JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS LIQUID LIPSTICK in i'm nude

Let me know if you liked the layout of this blog post and what you think of the makeup products I am bringing away with me!
Grace xx

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have an amazing time! I have a 2 week trip coming up soon and am finding narrowing down my makeup so hard! I totally agree on the hot countries, I feel like minimal thickness and products are important, half the time I end up not even wearing any foundation or concealer! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I hope you have a lovely trip too!xx

      Delete