Friday 15 July 2016

Just a Ramble - What is a bikini body?

Hi everyone,
For today's post, I wanted to just have a very casual chat. Recently, I have been posting lots of beauty posts and I want to add some more variety, so here is a chatty post. Since it is summer, I wanted to talk about what a "bikini body" is. Enjoy!

To start off with I just want to get to the point, a "bikini body" does not exist. Most girls would love to have what's called a "bikini body" but what even is it?
Constantly on instagram you see girls commenting crying emojis on someones instagram, where they are in a bikini and look "perfect". Most girls ideas of a perfect body is a flat stomach, curves in all the right places and a thigh gap. I know that this doesn't apply to all girls but this is what I constantly see and it does irritate me and I'm sure a lot of other people.
The whole reason the "bikini body" photos start is because it is holiday season and some people (respect to you) have the confidence to post photos of them in a bikini. For some people it is motivation to become that little bit more confident in there bikinis but for a lot of uneducated people (no offense) they just think that by seeing this picture, they are magically going to turn into that picture.
It's good to be motivated to work hard for your desired body but don't think that by doing four crunches you are magically going to get a flat stomach. Don't think that by starving yourself it's going to make you look like that Victoria Secret model on instagram. My point is be motivated but not obsessive.
To me a "bikini body" is confidence. Bikini season is something many people dread as there body might not be looking it's best or your hips might have widened or you legs had gained a little more muscle. Whatever the problem might be, if you have that element of confidence while your wearing a bikini, you have got a "bikini body" you will look great in that bikini because you are wearing confidence.
I hope that by reading this post, a few of you have gained reassurance to prove that a "bikini body" comes from all around you, in many different shapes and styles too. Bikini season is nothing to fear, wear your swimwear in confidence!

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know your thoughts on this topic in the comments. Have a great day!
Grace xx



3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! A "bikini body" isn't something that you can hold because it is having the confidence to wear a bikini xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post !!! Girl power !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post so much!!

    wi xx

    white-interiors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete