Wednesday 8 March 2017

One Year's Time

It has been a while since I have done another tag, and thanks to the lovely Ellie from ElliesWorld (linked at the end of this post) I have been tagged to do the One Year's Time Tag. The rules are pretty simple, you have to share five goals that you want to achieve by this time next year and tag five bloggers to do the same.

Tell My Parents About My Blog
A lot of you might be shocked by this first one but yes, I have had my blog for almost two and a half years and my parents don't know. My parents don't really understand social media, blogging, Youtube, how it can impact a person, how it is a passion as well as a living for the best and so I never told them because I knew they wouldn't understand. Even though they are still the same, I want to share one of the most important things in my life, my blog. It is something I am proud of and it seems like the longer I leave it, the harder it is to tell them but I am making it my aim to tell them within these next 365 days.

Think About The Future
I know I am not the only 14 year old who thinks this, but I am so sick of being asked what I want to do when I am older, or what my plans are for the future. Saying that, this time next year I will be leaving high school and I will have to think about my future, what I really want to pursue and what I have to do to get there. The future has always scared me, I am not very decisive and I do everything to please the people around me so I want to spend the next year thinking about me and what I want for my future. 

Work Hard
Like I said earlier, in a years time, I will be preparing the leave high school but before that I have my GCSE's to get through and even though I think they are pressured over way way way too much, I want to do well. I am not one of those people who understands everything immediately or someone who comes out of every exam knowing just how well they have done, I panic, I stress but I work really hard when I want something. I want to be proud of my GCSE results and so I want to work my butt off to achieve my goals.
As well as GCSEs I want to work hard with my blog. I am so lucky to have so many amazing readers and bloggers constantly supporting me and I want to keep doing what I am doing. My blog is what I love to do and I want to continue to improve and try harder to make it the best it can be.

Get Out More
I am one of those unsocial teenagers who rarely leaves her house and would rather watch Netflix imagining she is Blair Waldorf then go outside and have a good time with friends. On a regular basis, I turn down chances to go out and do something a little spontaneous and out of my comfort zone so I really want to change that about myself this year. I want to do things that I wouldn't normally and have those experiences and memories.

Build a Portfolio
This is a bit of a random one but I really want to create a portfolio, I am not really sure what kind yet maybe a makeup, photography or art one but I just want something personal to myself that I can work on and be proud of. I have a few hobbies and I want to be able to showcase them and track them as I improve.

I tag:

What is something you want to achieve by next year?
Grace xx

Links:
Ellies World Blog - https://ellieslittleeworld.wordpress.com/

10 comments:

  1. Lovely post, I kept my blog hidden away from my parents and I casually just brought it up in conversation and they weren't phased in the slightest. don't keep it to yourself, you should be proud of what you've built!
    jen | velvet spring x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you did the post! I really need to tell my parents about my blog too. I have a photography portfolio for my GCSE but I'd love to make a makeup one - loved this! do
    Ellieslittleeworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for tagging me Ellie!xx

      Delete
  3. This is a really good tag and I'll definitely do it. You should 10/10 tell your parents about your blog btw. Ps I moved my blog lol
    Emily
    www.prettypolitical.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but I couldn't be bothered changing it haha!xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for tagging me Grace! I hope you achieve all those things, telling your parents about your blog definitely isn't as scary as it seems! The portfolio idea sounds really fun as well, I made a fashion one a few years back and I'd love to do another one!

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! Good luck with everything :)

    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete