Sunday 7 May 2017

What Exams Have Taught Me

I know that a lot of you wanted me to do a revision post but so many people have been doing them recently that I want to do something different. Since I am in Year 10, I have just had some mock exams and I wanted to share some of the things that the exams have taught me. Let me know whether you agree with any of the things that I have chosen to mention.
What you put in, is what you get out
If you put in a lot of hard work and effort then you are going to get the grade you have worked hard for. I am sure that we have all gotten away with not revising and doing well in a test but when you put the work in you can do even better and go beyond what you think that you can do. I have a put a lot of time and effort into my most current exams and I can only hope that I get the grades that equal the effort I put in to doing well.

Sleep is so much more important
Putting in the effort is just as important as taking care of yourself. Staying up all night revising the day before your exam is not going to benefit you as much as a good nights rest. Making sure you have had good amount of sleep is going to ensure that you are wide awake and not slow in your head. I made sure that I got at least 8 hours sleep before everyday I had exams and this really help me stay focused when taking the exam.
You can't be good at everything
I am sure we all know someone who seems to be good at everything but really no one is good at everything. We all have strengths and weaknesses and that is okay as long as we come to terms with those things. Personally my weakness is in biology and English, a weird mix but I struggle with them both equally. However, I also know that I am good at maths and chemistry. Knowing my strengths and weaknesses, I know what I need to work on and what I should spend less time doing.

Trust yourself
I don't know about you but I doubt myself a lot when it comes to revising. Right before taking the exam I panic a lot that I don't know the stuff but as soon as I am in the hall, sitting the exam, I know exactly what it means. I am coming to terms with what I do and don't know naturally and knowing this allows me to use my time the most effectively.

Cheating is never your true reflection
We can all be tempted, it is a human instinct but finding out something so you have an advantage is not only unfair but you are also saying that there is no other way you will succeed. In your GCSE you are not going to be told what questions you are given by your best friend so you might as well get in the habit of knowing the unknown before it becomes a bad habit that you soon become to rely on.

What have exams taught you?
Grace xx

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with all of these! I'm currently in the midst of taking my GCSEs and it's so important to get into habits of taking care of yourself. The most important one is definitely not to cheat. It's tempting for everyone but you're only cheating yourself. xx Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were some great tips Grace! I hope all your exams go well! X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete