Tuesday 18 July 2017

Collection Lip Colour Review - Lip Product of the Summer?

I love new drugstore releases, and I know you guys all love review so across the next few weeks there will be several reviews going up so I hope you are looking forward to them all. Anyways, I saw that this was new on Collection's Instagram and it sounds right up my street so I had to try it and share with you.
This is just called the Collection Lip Colour with Spf 15 and I got mine in the shade Fudge Delight. You can get these from Superdrug for £3.99 and as always the link to the product I am reviewing will be at the end of this post. This product comes in 6 shades ranging from brights to nudes and I obviously picked up the most nude shade because there is nothing new there. On the Superdrug website this lip product is described as "A Sheer Glossy colour with pearl sheen that glides onto the lips, Smooth balm texture with SPF protection" so I will cover the packaging first, then onto the formula and finishing off with my final thoughts.
The packaging is super simple and super sleek which I love. I really like how the colour of the product is on the whole of the outer packaging and I like the metallic silver writing, I think it gives it a sleek look. The tube is quite long really, a similar size to the Benefit balms and the close on this is secure and steady but I am not sure whether it is super sturdy but to be honesty I don't really mind for £3.99. You get a fair amount of product in the bullet and the twist on it is find and just like any other lip product in a tube.
For formula, it has sheer coverage but after a few swipes it does start to build and become quite opaque so you can make all of the shades a lot more intense just by layering a little more. On the lips, these feel so super lightweight and creamy, it honestly feels like butter on the lips, no joke. They just feel like the just melt straight on. It does leave quite a glossy finish and it does stay that way for a while so it is not the most long lasting but even though it it glossy, it is not sticky, it is very thin, even after it has been layered, and it is so buttery. In terms of how balmy it is, it actually feels very hydrating on the lips but do bear in mind it is not an actual lip balm but if you want to wear a lipstick but would rather apply a balm, this is perfect for you because it is like a lipstick in balm form.
In complete honesty, this does not last great, it will come off if you eat but for during the day, you can touch up and it won't go patchy. This is great for on the go because it is not hard to apply and it is just beautiful.
You can probably tell by that review, I flipping love this so much. It is definitely a quick favourite and now my staple lip product for the summer. I love how if has spf 15 in it as I think that is something ignored in lip products but so important to have. I also think that the product and shade range is undeniable. This is a beautiful nude but they have a bright pink or an orange and even some darker ones for autumn and winter.
Even though these have been released for summer, I think that these are great for all year round. Obviously, if you are going on summer holiday, things like this are ideal because of the spf but even for winter, these would be so hydrating and a good change from the matte lipstick we all love so much.
I would recommend this to anyone and everyone, the formula is unbelievable and the price just makes it a million times better so definitely pick some these up, I know I will be getting more.

links mentioned:

2 comments:

  1. I love how sheer and beautiful it looks! Will be looking out for this now in stores x

    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete