Tuesday 12 September 2017

Skincare Favourites ATM

Skincare has been something I have been neglecting a lot recently, but getting back into the swing of things, I have a few products I want to share with you all. Easing myself into the cruelty free beauty lifestyle, I have been testing and trialing out a lot of products, but while I am still doing that, I thought that I would just share a few. If you do like this post though, then do let me know in the comments whether you want a full cruelty free skincare routine and I will do that for you all!
As well as skincare, I have a few little skin accessories too, so starting with those, I have been loving two things from the Real Techniques Prep and Prime Set, which I got for my birthday a month or so ago so I have had plenty of time to use them products. Actually when I first got the set, I didn't think that I would use either of these things, but surprisingly they do come in use when I want to be a little extra with my skincare routine. Sadly, you can't buy these on their own but if you do want these sorts of products then you could buy the set or look for another brand that sells these. The first of the two I am going to mention is the Beauty Spatula which I must admit is such an extra and unnecessary product, but I have been using it so I'm going to talk about it. Basically this is just a plastic spatula that you use to scoop out your products out of their container. There is some benefits to this, the main one being that it is much more sanitary and could help prevent breakouts, but to be quite honest, I haven't noticed that to be my case. I find that this product just helps to evenly distribute my creams across my face and when I do other peoples makeup, I think that this will be very useful.
The next product out of the set I am mentioning, is the Under Eye Reviver which I have been loving. Again, I thought that I wasn't going to use this accessory much, but I have actually really been liking it. Since the little ball thing on the end is metal, under the eyes, it is so super cooling. How I use this, is, I will spray my face with some toner or just water and then use the eye reviver just under my eyes back and fourth about 10 times and then moisturize. I find that if I don't dampen my face, it kind of drags my skin, which doesn't feel great but with damp skin, it feels lovely. Honestly, I have not noticed my under eye bags just disappearing but weirdly, my concealer has been doing on a lot more smoothly recently, so that could be a combination of things, but I am sure that this has made its contribution.
I don't use masks enough, as much as I love them, I am just so lazy and can never be bothered. Saying that, I bought a new face mask a while back to try and get myself to use them more. The 7th Heaven Dead Sea Mud Mask is what I picked up because it was super affordable and I have always loved their masks that come in the sachets so I thought that I would try the tube version. I tend to use this about once a week and I love it. Not going to lie, I do forget to use it sometimes, but when I do use it, it makes my skin feel so clean and fresh. I mainly like using this if I have worn a full face of makeup all day and I will just wear this mask for 15 minutes after cleansing to just extract all of that extra dirt that might not have been removed otherwise. I would definitely recommend this mask and this brand because they are super affordable and really lovely to use.
Oh how I love coconut oil, it is just perfection. I could do a whole blog post about coconut oil and its uses because the list is endless but I am just going to talk about how I am currently using it in my skincare routine. Coconut oil is a product I use daily for multiple different things, but of an evening, during my skincare routine, after I have moisturized, I get some of the coconut oil on a spoolie that you get on the end of some of your eye brow brushes and I just coat my eyebrows and eye lashes in coconut oil. I have actually noticed a huge difference with using this, my lashes are longer, strong and just so much healthier while my eyebrows are growing fast and looking again, healthier. I actually did this daily for about a month or so but now I do it about three times a week and the results are still great. Something like this should be a staple in peoples routines if they have damaged brows or lashes but I do think that it can get neglected. I know you can do this technique with a few other products, like Vaseline and stuff but for me, coconut oil is the most inexpensive and most effective for me. This step is a little extra but I do think that most people should include this in their weekly skincare routine just to keep the the fine lashes and brow hairs in excellent condition.
When I am wearing a lot of eye makeup or a stubborn waterproof mascara, The Body Shop Camomile Eye Makeup Remover is the one to come and save the day. Like I said, I only use this on heavy eye makeup days but it is so useful to have. I only have the mini but I know I am going to getting a full size when this runs out. I find myself using very little of this product because a little bit does go a long way and I like this a lot because it doesn't strip my eyes or doesn't sting my eyes which is amazing. It removes all of my stubborn eye makeup and it is just great, highly recommend!
The final product I am going to mention is the Superdrug Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream, and this is my obsession. The Superdrug Vitamin E range is very hit and miss for me, some products and love and some I hate but this moisturizer is a love love love. I treat this as a night cream as it is quite thick and creamy. This has been on rotation with a few other night creams over the past few months but this is my go-to and ride or die. I am constantly going back to this and before this I was using a night cream tested on animals but this is better and cruelty free so it is just perfect. Considering I have quite combination skin, this works great, it is thick so using a small bit will cover your whole face but when I wake up in the morning, my skin is so glowy and hydrated which is what I want. I am not sure whether people with oily skin would like this but if you are combination to dry, definitely give this a go!
What skincare product have you been loving recently?
Grace xx

26 comments:

  1. I have been really slacking with skincare recently, and there are so many great sounding products here! I have heard so many great things about Superdrug skincare, and I love Vitamin E, so I'll be checking that out for sure xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, the range is amazing!xx

      Delete
  2. Grace, you are gorgeous and that dead sea mask sounds like a winner! Thank you for sharing! Followed you on Bloglovin', hope you are having a great week x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for a new face mask for ages and I love 7th Heaven's products so I might give that a go! Great post :)

    Alice x
    girlabroad.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard such good things about the real techniques prep and prime set. Definitely will have to check it out! Loved the blogposts x

    ReplyDelete
  5. the under eye reviver sounds really interesting. I've never thought to put coconut oil on my eyebrows or lashes, thats such a good idea! x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm honestly so bad when it comes to taking care of skin and then I complain about it being so bad lol, I'm definitely going to give some of these products a go xx
    http://www.lifeascaitlin.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, hopefully they will work well for you!xx

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
    Best Hair Transplant Delhi India

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank for sharing this wonderfull blog and such an amzing post.... keep updating waiting for your another writes up..... thanku
    http://printland.tinyblogging.com/Buy-Desktop-Items-Online-in-India--8216134

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post ...........
    http://www.printland.in/blog/InviteandBidYourKithAndKinWithTheInnovativePersonalizedInvitationCards/

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a great post...keep posting
    thanks for sharing with us....
    Gift Your Employees a Premium Desktop items

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete