Sunday 1 July 2018

A Revolution Beauty Haul!

Revolution is a brand that I really wanted to try more from and so I put a few of their products on my birthday wishlist. Very kindly, my mum bought me all of the things on my Revolution wishlist and gave them to me early so that I could get reviewing as I am feeling super inspired to try and test some new makeup products. This post is going to just be a summary of all of the products I was kindly given so that hopefully you can look forward to the reviews coming.

I am not doing this in any order but the first thing is something I am so excited to try because I have heard so many good things. It is the Revolution Fast Base Stick Foundation - F14, this is not my shade, I got it quite a bit darker so that I can use it as a cream contour. I have had the same cream contour kit for the last year and I feel as though it is time I try something else. Cream contour for me is so great in summer because it lasts so much longer and looks much more natural. I have heard good things about this foundation stick and I am definitely excited to give it a try. I also think that the packaging is super beautiful and luxurious looking for such an affordable product. 
If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I love and adore my ABH brow pomade, but sadly it is getting a little dry and it only has a few more uses left in it. As much as I love that pomade, it is quite expensive and I don't want to repurchase it in case there is a cheaper alternative. This did cause the purchase of the Revolution Pro Brow Pomade - Taupe as I want to compare the two and see whether there is really much difference. I was pleasantly surprised by how expensive the packaging looks, I love the matte black and the size of it is very generous. The colour of the shade is also very similar to my ABH one and I was quite worried about that but this shade looks like the perfect colour for me.
Onto a more disappointing product that I am so gutted about. As well as the pomade I got, I also wanted a brow pencil just so that I had a more efficient way of filling in my brows. The one I got was the Revolution Pro Microblading Precision Brow Pencil - Taupe, now you would think that because it is in the shade as the pomade that they would be the same colour, haha, no. The shade of this pencil is so much lighter and so much warmer making it impossible for me to wear because it is just not my colour. I am so disappointed that this was the case because I expected that all of the colours in all of the brow products, especially in the pro range, would be the same but this is not the case. This is still a product I want to try but I guess I am going to have to pick it up in a store to be able to get my proper colour. Apart from the colour, I do love the concept of this product and how it is super compact and travel friendly, the colour just really let me down.

I am so excited about this next product. Over the past few months I have really wanted to buy a super bright eye shadow palette but I was always contemplating which one, in the end I got the Revolution Pro Regeneration Palette - Trend Mischeif Mattes which contains the most beautiful selection of shades. I love how many colours you get in this palette and I love the choice of colours. This is definitely a palette that I think is perfect for summer and I do plan on creating lots of fun looks with this palette that you will hopefully be seeing soon. The fact that this is an all matte palette makes it so much more wearable for me, I am so much more of a matte eye shadow person so if I was to wear colourful eye shadow they would definitely be matte so this palette will definitely get a lot of wear.

This is a very new release from Revolution and I have been so excited to try these out. I am not a super glittery eye shadow kind of person but I definitely want to start wearing more pigments and so I got the Revolution Pro Crushed Pearl Pigments - Saint. You get so much product in this container and  the packaging is super sleek looking and secure which is great, especially because of how affordable it is. The shade 'Saint' is the perfect, shimmery white which I know I am going to wear a lot because this would make the most perfect inner corner shade. 
I then got a second pigment which is the Revolution Pro Crushed Pearl Pigments - Goody Two Shoes and this is a beautiful warm, peachy pink shade. This shade is unlike anything else I have in my collection because I am much more of a gold/orange kind of person but I thought that because this shade was still on the warmer side, I would still get a lot of wear out of it. This is definitely an all over the lid kind of shade for me and I think it would be a really lovely shade for summer.
This is another face product that I am so excited to try and it's the Revolution Pro Foundation Drops - F6. I was really interested in this product because it looks like the perfect summer foundation. As it comes in a pipette-like applicator, I assumed that I would be water-based and more on the lighter coverage side of things which is definitely what I prefer when the weather is warmer. For me, this would make a great holiday foundation because of how lightweight it seems. I think that if I like this foundation I will get it in a few more shades especially for my holiday in case I get a tan. The packaging is also super expensive looking because it is actually a glass bottle which I did not expect but actually it seems very secure. I will definitely be reviewing this soon so hopefully you can look forward to that.
Sadly the next few things I can't find online so I can't link them and I also don't remember them being on my wishlist so I am pretty sure they were free gifts in my order, but I just thought I would add them in here. The first thing is the Revolution Pencil in Sovereign which is a shimmery gold shade. It isn't made clear on the product whether it is for the eyes or lips but guessing from the colour, I will probably be wearing it on the eyes. I think that this would look lovely on the lower lash line or even on the lid as a cream eye shadow base.
As for the other product that I assume was a gift was the Revolution Bold As Brass Palette. This contains some eye shadows and highlighters in a mixture of shades and I will still probably wear this palette, especially because the highlighters look so lovely.
Let me know if there a specific product you want me to review and whether you have tried any of these products out already.
Grace xx

8 comments:

  1. I love brow promades but I'll keep in mind that the Pro Revolution don't have the same colours. Loved this post x

    www.lifeasnajida.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revolution Beauty is one of my favorite brands. I love the quality of their products for the price. You do get some hit or misses but overall I like their products.

    Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a few products before this haul but I am so glad I can now give the brand a proper go!xx

      Delete
  3. I think Revolution is such a fab brand and I really need to try these products! I have seen the foundation drops before and they look really good so can’t wait to see how you find them! It’s a shame about the different eye brow shades though, what a pain!!
    Kate Xxx https://www.luxekate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was so disappointing but I will be sure to report back on the foundation, just because of how affordable it is!xx

      Delete
  4. I'd love to hear your final thoughts on using the foundation as contour. I'm looking for a new product to use as cream contour and don't know what to go for that isn't super expensive. The eyeshadow palette looks really pretty!xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to let you know on the cream contour!xx

      Delete