Wednesday 18 July 2018

Revolution Pro Foundation Drops Review

I have been so excited to try out this foundation because I think it would be a lovely foundation. This is also super affordable, I am pretty sure it is seven pounds which is just insane and if it is good then I know I will have to share it with everyone. I have been trying out this foundation over the past few weeks so I have gathered some thoughts to share just in case you were curious about this product.
Some details about the product itself, it retails for £7 and there are 18 shades available. To me, 18 shades seems extremely good for such an accessible product, especially because in this case, they come in multiple undertones, yellow, pink and neutral. The website describes this product as an "ultra lightweight, water-based formula that creates an undetectable finish on all skin tones. Use a few drops for a sheer wash of colour or layer up to build natural looking medium coverage". To put it simply, this is basically a light coverage foundation that you shouldn't be able to feel on the skin.
As for the packaging, it comes in a glass bottle but you can distribute the product by a pipette which works well considering that it is more water-based. I also think that the glass bottle also makes this feel very luxurious. I like how the glass shows the shade of the foundation and the shade name is also on the bottom of the bottle.
The shade I picked up in this foundation is F6 which is described to be suited for people with a light to medium skin tone with yellow undertones which I definitely agree with. This foundation matches me nearly perfectly, it is probably the best one I have in terms of how well it matches me. I will say though, the undertone is not fully yellow, it hasn't got that strong yellow base to it and sometimes when I apply this, I feel as though it can look sometimes more pink than yellow, so maybe keep that in mind but that is just what I have found. For me though, I do find it difficult to find a drugstore foundation with a strong yellow undertone as the majority of them are more on the pink side so as a whole, I do think Revolution Beauty has done a good job in trying to get that yellow undertone for this foundation.
From first application, I find that a sponge is the best way to apply this foundation because it ensures all excess product is absorbed and that the coverage is maximised to the best of its ability. This foundation blends so easily on the skin and to get an even light layer of foundation, it doesn't require a lot of product, a few drops tends to be enough to cover the whole face. As for the coverage, it is definitely on the lighter side but it definitely does enough to even out the skin so I could actually argue that it isn't far off medium coverage. This is also fairly buildable on the skin but you couldn't build it up for it to be super full coverage, the most you could get is a medium coverage so you spots or dark circles would still be slightly visible.
In terms of how it feels on the skin, you can't feel it, it is so super lightweight which definitely fits it's description. When touching the foundation though, you can tell it gives a slightly tacky feel but I put that down to the fact that the finish of this foundation is extremely dewy. That was the main this that surprised me most was how dewy it looked on the skin. It was quite intense but it just makes your skin look so hydrated, with that though, it does indicate that the feeling on the skin is slightly sticky feeling. Although this foundation has an extremely dewy finish, I am still able to set it with a powder and the amount I use will determine how the foundation looks. I can use a more mattifying, heavy powder to mattify the foundation fully or use a light dusting just to prevent the foundation from moving but still leaving that initial dewy finish.

I love the whole concept of this foundation and it has came out at the perfect time because this is definitely more of a summer foundation I think. This will definitely be my foundation for my holiday at the end of August as I think that it looks beautiful but it is still so daytime appropriate. I also think that this is a staple foundation everyone should have because even if you didn't like it on its own it would make a great mixing foundation to make a high coverage foundation more daytime appropriate or to make a matte foundation look a little more dewy. You could also buy this foundation in many shades and just customise your colour depending on whether or not you have been on holiday with a tan or not which I also think is really great, especially when you consider how affordable this foundation would be to repurchase.
As for who I would recommend this to, I would recommend it to nearly anyone. If you want something super full coverage that will last all day then I can tell you straight away that you won't like this however, if you want a foundation that just makes your skin look that little bit more flawless and radiant then this would be perfect. You can build this up so if you do like a more natural, fuller coverage then you would also like this. As for skin types, this is definitely targeted to people with more dry skin but that doesn't mean that people with oily skin can't use this too. I find that if you use a matte primer and set the foundation properly then it will take a long time for the oily to start peeking through again. Just for reference, I have pretty normal skin however I do have oily patches and dry patches but I think that this foundation still looks good on my face. Like I said earlier, this foundation is also great to use just as a customizer so this would be great to have in your collection even if you can't imagine yourself wearing it on its own because it could help transform one of your other foundations into the perfect formula.
Overall, I love this foundation and I think that if you like what I have said in this point, then you should definitely go out and buy this to try it. I love the finish this foundation gives the most because it just looks so radiant and it makes you look so healthy. You will definitely be seeing this foundation a lot more on my blog as I haven't got a bad word to say about it.

Let me know whether you have tried out this foundation and if so, let me know your thoughts too.
Grace xx

Links:

10 comments:

  1. Haven't used their products in such a long time

    Candice | Natalya Amour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a foundation worth trying! Great review :)

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I definitely think that you should try it!xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like something to try ^^ To be honest im not so good with make up :D so thank you for going into depth about certain things :D

    https://elinsera.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like the perfect foundation for me, I'll have to pick it up when I've finished my current one! Glad it's such an affordable price too, lovely review xx

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you'll have to tell me your thoughts if you do ever try this!xx

      Delete
  5. I really need to try this as it looked so stunning on you in your makeup looks post!! It’s so affordable and there seems to be a fabulous shade range! And I love a dewy finish so I definitely need to buy this!!
    Kate Xxx www.luxekate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, I hope you love it if you try it!xx

      Delete