Sunday 15 July 2018

Shirt and Bralette - The Perfect Warm Weather Combo

I am currently really trying to step out of my comfort zone with fashion because it's a new season and   I want to mix it up so I have been trying out some new combos. With a holiday coming up soon I am experimenting with outfits that could tolerate the heat but ones that I could also layer in case it gets a little cooler in the evening. I have been experimenting so I thought I'd share one of them with you, it is definitely a little different but hopefully, you like it.
For me, the main part of this outfit is the bralette. The one in this photo is from Hollister and I love it because of its high neck and the lace all around it. Although the colour isn't particularly summery, I think that if you wear it on its own, it is very much summer appropriate. When you wear this, there is definitely a lot of skin on show but that is when the shirt comes in. I also paired this bralette just with a pair of blue skinny jeans from Boohoo. You could wear this bralette and shirt combo with anything but I just think that you can never go wrong with denim. These jeans are also in a really light wash so it makes them super summer-appropriate.
The shirt though is from H&M and I paired it with this bralette because of how simple it was since it is just cream and black. This shirt is also fairly oversized so you do have the ability to tie it in lots of different ways because of the versatile fit.
In this post, I have shown two ways to wear the shirt and I honestly like both. The first one is this tied off the shoulder. I think that this one is much more dressy as it looks a little more put together, but I also think that it looks very feminine. This one does show more skin than the other but I guess that's the beauty of wearing a shirt like this because you can easily undo it and wear it more like a jacket.
The second way is the most simple but it is just leaving it down and unbuttoned. I think that this is super flattering just because everything underneath could be super tight fitting but this shirt covers you up slightly so you feel a little more conserved. Not to mention, that when it gets cooler outside, a lightweight shirt like this is perfect.
I feel like with an outfit like this, you can wear it with any kind of shoes or accessories. Heels and lots of jewellery for an evening look or trainers and a backpack for a more casual look, I just think, that for the warmer weather right now, this is a staple outfit.

Let me know whether you like this outfit, it is definitely very different from my personal style but I wanted to mix it up a little because of the changing weather.
Grace xx

Links:

5 comments:

  1. I love bralettes for the summer time! They're lightweight and easy to style. Great post!!

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this combo! Perfect for the heatwave :)

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete