Sunday 8 July 2018

Turning 16, plans for summer and college

(OOTD on this coming soon)

As of right now, I have a few plans for the next few months and I just wanted to come on here to update you all so that you have an idea on what is to come.
When this post goes up, it will be a few days until my 16th birthday and so I am a bit undecided on whether to do a what I got for my birthday blog post or a GRWM so if you do want either of those posts then do let me know as I would be happy to do them, I am just not sure whether you would be interested in reading it. As for plans, I don't really have any because if you know me personally you will know that my birthday isn't my favourite time of year and I don't really like to celebrate it but I have got a birthday meal with my family so that's something. 
Another topic I'd like to cover is what I will be up to over the rest of summer. I have got a lot of things I want to do in terms of producing content on my blog and Instagram, I also have little things that I want to go out and do with my friends. As well as all of this, I do have a holiday coming up halfway through August, which is to Orlando, Florida and on the way home, we are stopping off at New York for a few days so I am very excited. I am going with my family and my best friend Penny who I am sure you know so you can expect a lot of pictures of America coming by August. I do plan on documenting a lot of my preparation and holiday itself on my blog which I am super excited for as we have a lot of plans for which we are away.
The final thing I wanted to mention is what is next for me now that my high school journey is over. Although my high school does have a sixth form, I have chosen not to continue there just because it is not a place where I am mentally happy and for myself, I knew I needed a change and so, if I get the results, I will be going to a college where I will be doing a BTEC qualification in Fashion. I am so excited to start because fashion and the industry have always been something I have been interested in and I feel like the college I am going to is a great environment for me. As well as this BTEC, I am also doing an additional alevel in maths as doing a qualification in fashion is a huge risk for me because it isn't the most forgiving industry and it is quite difficult to become successful in so my secure backup plan is maths. Both of these qualifications will take two years and so I don't really know what I will do after that but as of right now, I am super happy and proud of my decisions as I am taking a huge risk but I can't help but feel like they are going to pay off. 
Hopefully, you know a little more now on what is to come from me and I hope your plans are exciting as mine.
Grace xx

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday in advance! I hope all of your birthday wishes come true. Both blog post ideas sound like fun to look at and read. Best wishes for your August Vacay and for your future endeavours in maths and fashion. The OOTD you styled in the photo above looks fabulous.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a lovely summer and especially your birthday as well! Your holiday also sounds amazing, I can tell you now that you will definitely love New York! Your plans for sixth form sound so interesting, I can't wait to hear how you get on! x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin, I am so excited for New York!xx

      Delete
  3. I find it so neat how you are almost 16 and you are already planning for your future and in the fashion industry which is what I am doing too. I remember when I was 15 I was just lost at what I wanted to do in life.

    Samara // The Marshall Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a lovely birthday. Orlando and New York sound amazing, I hope you have an amazing time!xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete