Thursday 28 June 2018

Falling In Love All Over Again

Throughout exam season  I did not take one look at makeup but now that all of that is behind me, I'm back trying out new stuff to report back on and having fun with makeup again. Throughout the last week or so, I have found myself reaching for some old favourites that I had completely forgotten and I wanted to share them with you as I feel like the products you always go back to are some of the best.
The Too Faced Sweet Peach Lip Gloss in Papa Don't Peach, oh my, I have fallen in love with it all over again. It had been a long time since I had reached for this but one evening when I was stuck on a lip colour, I applied this and was just stunned by how beautiful it was. As much as I love the shade itself which is a warm, orange nude, it is the formula I love. It applies like a lip balm but the finish is so wet looking and gorgeous. I could go as far as to say that it is my favourite gloss formula just because it is so comfortable and you don't even realise you are wearing it, yet it still looks amazing.
I love the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette but I constantly neglect it and I have no idea why, I guess it just isn't a daily palette for me but now that summer is here, I have been gravitating towards this palette for its warm tones. The matte shades, in particular, stand out to me as they blend beautifully but that is not to say that the shimmer shades aren't beautiful because they are, especially that pink shade which is just stunning all over the lid. I have created a few looks with this recently and I have loved how each one of them has turned out. It is definitely a more expensive palette but for some unique summer shades, I'd highly recommend it, plus it is delicious.

I am currently in a phase of feeling a bit 'meh' about primers, none of them I'm really loving and half of them are nearly finished so I'm just trying to use them up, but the Urban Decay Self Adjusting Primer is the exception. Once again, I pulled this out of my draw the other day and loved how it applied. I have spoken about this primer before but basically, it applies like an exfoliant almost and as you blend the primer into the skin, there are pigments that smooth out your skin and basically make you look airbrushed, it's amazing. As well as this, it does mattify the skin, which for summer, is definitely needed as my skin can get super oily in the heat. Anyways, this primer has just been great for me recently and I will definitely be using it throughout the summer.

I have had a love-hate relationship with the Urban Decay Naked Face Palette in Native, but currently, I am loving it right now. The main reason I love it is for the bronzer because it has a subtle shimmer to it which I find gives the perfect glow for summer. The blusher and highlighter I use less but they are still very pretty and I do still use them occasionally. I do love how this is an all in one face compact as I think it is perfect for travel. Urban Decay is definitely in my good books right now and I will continue to try out their products until they prove me otherwise.
As for brows, I have been avoiding using my power duo because it is running out and I am not ready to finish it yet so instead I have been back using my Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe. I find that, especially with the warmer weather, a pomade lasts a little bit longer than a powder because of its gel-like texture. This colour Taupe, by ABH, is also my perfect brow shade so it adds definition to my brows but keeps them looking natural. I definitely think that I will be using this more often, especially when I go on holiday.

The final product I have is a lip liner that I bought when I first started wearing makeup and when I just starting to blog. MUA Lip Liner in Caramel Nougat has always been a super affordable lip liner on the market and I could honestly never stop saying enough good things about this product. It had been a little neglected in my makeup collection recently but over the past week or so I have started using it again, and I think I am due for a new one soon. I love this lip liner because you have a lot of control as the formula is creamy but it doesn't slide everywhere so you can still get a sharp line. The colour is also the perfect nude shade, it's not too warm or cool, it is the perfect pale nude shade and I find that I can go over this with any gloss or lipstick and it will look amazing. If you have never tried this lip liner, I really think you should, it is so affordable and I think that the shade would look good on anyone.

I hope you liked this little update on some products that I have rediscovered. Do let me know in the comments if you have fallen back in love with any old favourites.
Grace xx

6 comments:

  1. I love rediscovering older products in my collection. I have that Urban Decay Native palette, and I do enjoy the bronzer.

    Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think rediscovering an old favourite is the best feeling!xx

      Delete
  2. Finding some great products again that have been in your collection for a while is actually one of the best feelings isn't it! Love the sound of the lip gloss and I bet that it smells glorious x
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been finding some products I forgot about since wearing more makeup again. The ABH Dipbrow Pomade is amazing. I haven't repurchased it since running out a while back, but I definitely miss it. The MUA lipliner sounds really good xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend the lip liner, and I have just learnt that I can't live without a brow pomade!xx

      Delete