Monday 31 December 2018

2018

2018 has been a crazy year for me, and I have never had so many highs and lows in one year. I have struggled a lot but I have also been blessed with some incredible memories from this year. To be honest, I don't really know what this post is going to turn into but I guess we'll both see how it turns out in the end. 
One of the biggest things that took up 2018 was in fact my GCSE exams back in May. It feels like a lifetime since I was in year 11 sitting my exams but it was actually only 6 months ago I was saying goodbye to my form and some of the people from my school. GCSEs was a huge turning point for me, it proved to me that hard work comes with time and patience, but also that your grades don't mean everything and that you physical and mental health should be prioritised. I feel very lucky because I felt prepared sitting my exams. I was in a good place mentally, I didn't have people around me put pressure on me, I was looking after myself and I was ready. Two months later, I got my results and I have never felt something so rewarding in all my life. I am proud of my results and I am proud of myself.
My GCSE results changed my perspective, I had gained confidence, I felt as though I had potential and I realised that I could really push myself. As a consequence, I switched from fashion college to my high school's sixth form and although it was a massive risk, I honestly believe that it was the best choice I have made all year.
That bring me to what I'm doing now. I am at my sixth form, studying maths, further maths, history and fine art and I honestly love all of my subject, my teachers and my work. I don't regret choosing alevels over a btec, I feel so happy studying my subjects and now that I have settled in properly, I am excited for the future. 
During 2018, I also got to see parts of the world I had never seen before. Starting with February when I went to Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi was a dream destination of mine and it lived up to everything I hopeed it would be. It was a place filled with so much culture, the architecture was insane and I just had the most incredible holiday there. I did so many great things while I was there, I went on the world's fastest rollercoaster, I stayed on the Grand Prix racing track, but I mainly shared amazing memories with my amazing family.
Skipping to August, I was also lucky enough to go to Orlando and New York in America this year. Orlando will forever be a happy place for me, it holds so many incredible memories of mine and I was lucky enough to have shared this holiday with one of my bestest friends. We also stopped off at New York for a few days, before heading home, and it was such a surreal and magical experience for me. Like most people, I had dreamt of going to New York and I feel so lucky that I have gone now. New York was a huge experience for me, I saw so many iconic buildings and settings, but my mind was also exposed to so much more while I was there.
I feel so lucky to have been able to go to those three places all in one year and at such a young age. I feel blessed that I had an amazing family to share it with and I have made memories in all of those places that will be with me forever. 
Although I didn't blog as much as I would have liked this year, I still documented parts of my life and I created some of my favourites posts this year which I am very proud of. This year has definitely been a lot of experimenting for me, in terms of my blog, I tried discussing new topics and broadening what it was that I was speaking about. I am definitely full of motivation for the new year, in terms of my blog, I have so much more planned.

I am definitely so super excited to start the new year. 2018 has been great, but I am ready for a fresh start and to work on myself for a little bit. 
Grace xx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great year! Happy new year lovely x

    Najida x | www.lifeasnajida.co.uk

    ReplyDelete