Friday 23 August 2019

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO // Ep. 3

I really hope you lot are enjoying this little music series, as they are currently some of my favourite to write and so I'm posting another one today. Sadly this year, I am not all that impressed with the summer music releases and so I have found myself going back to a few older songs that I still love and have just added back into my playlist.

UGH! // The 1975
The 1975 have been a new music discovery for me this year and I now have so many songs of their's that I love, this being one of them. I just find their music to be really unique and catchy, which this song definitely is. 
She's American // The 1975
This is probably my favourite song by The 1975 which I'm not too sure why, but it is the one I am always wanting to play the most. I just think it is so fun and it is definitely a song that gets stuck in my head for days. This song also seems to boost my mood more often than not and I think that is just because of how upbeat and fun the song is. 

Somebody That You Loved // Bruno Martini & New Hope Club
I was really excited when New Hope Club were teasing about their new release and it really didn't disappoint. What I love about their music is that it is mainstream pop but it is always unique in its own way whether that is through their choice of lyrics or instruments. I am definitely really excited for the music video to come out, and I think that the song is well worth a listen to. 
CALL ME BABY // EXO
I mean it when I say I am not a huge kpop lover, but there are a few songs and bands out there that I do like to listen to and right now, I am liking a bit of EXO. Kpop is definitely the sort of music that you either love or hate so I won't talk about it too much, but to put it simply, this song is a lot of fun, super catchy and just another mood-boosting song. 

Bad Bad News // Leon Bridges
I discovered this song from a dance video online and the song is actually so good. It is definitely really underrated but I would really recommend it. Although it is a great song to dance to, I do just think that it is a good general pop song that is from a more unique artist. 

Let's Stay Together // Maroon 5
Some of you might know, but I really love Maroon 5 and they are the sort of band that I am always going to listen to just because I know I enjoy their music and I can listen to it over and over again. Right now, this song is my favourite, but it is constantly changing. This song is a little slower, more chill, which is a nice mix up when all of these songs are in one playlist. There is just something about Adam Levine's voice that I just love and it is nothing like anyone elses, this song is just beautiful. 

That Girl // McFly
A bit like Maroon 5, I have always loved McFly's music and they make for a great throwback song. This is one of my favourite songs from them because it is fun and catchy, like all of the other songs, but what I love about McFly is all of the individual voices that you can hear and recognise in each of their songs. Like most of the songs in this post, That Girl is super fun, a proper throwback tune, definitely worth listening to every now and again. 
Harder // Jax Jones & Bebe Rexha
Perhaps the only song I am liking in the chart right now, but it is perfect for summer. I love Bebe Rexha's voice, there is nothing like it and I just think she sings some of the most incredible songs, and this one is no different. It is definitely my summer song of choice this year. 

Bad Intentions // MiC LOWRY
I have been listening to MiC LOWRY for a little while now and although I haven't heard all of their songs, I do have some from them that I absolutely love. I think that as a band, they do R&B music so well, not typical but it is unique and cool. Bad Intentions is a super chill song but it will definitely get stuck in your head if you have it on repeat, like I do. 

On Ur Mind // Ne-Yo feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR
This album of Ne-Yo's was never my favourite, but after giving it some time, this song especially has grown on me. The rest of the album, not so much, but there is just something about this song that I find really catchy and enjoyable to listen to. It is the chorus that definitely makes this song, but I just think if you want a song that is a little more unusual but still current, then this is definitely one I'd recommend. 
I'd love to hear your song recommendations if you have any as I am always looking out for new music to listen to!
Grace xx

2 comments: