Sunday 11 August 2019

SUMMER BLUSHIN'

For some reason, summer arrives and suddenly, I am obsessed with blusher. I'm not sure why but I just love a little extra colour when the weather is warm and my makeup is lighter. I have definitely been growing my blusher collection over the last few years and have found some ride-or-die blushers that I wanted to share in this post. 
The first one is such a classic, but you can't go wrong with the Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. It is the perfect peach shade, great with a tan, and the formula is beautiful. The formula is not matte, but it is not super shimmery either, it is just radient and on the skin, it just gives you such a healthy sheen. This is definitely my favourite blusher for holiday, and I can't wait to start wearing it some more. 

Next is one that is a little more high end but a product like this lasts a lifetime so I think that it is definitely worth it. The Too Faced Sweethearts Blush in Candy Glow has been one of my most use blushers just because of how wearable it is and how it makes your skin look so healthy and fresh. The formula of this is similar to the Milani one, in the sense that it is not matte and instead it just gives you a sheen. This one is a little more shimmery though and I actually aso like to use this as a highlighter. If you apply this with a fluffy brush, then that shimmer really comes through, so it is like a blusher and highlighter in one. The colour of this is also super wearable. The three shades mix together to give a natural colour that I think would love amazing on every skintone. 
The final shimmery blush I am mentioning in this post is one that I just can't get enough of, and I think you will be able to tell, as I am constantly mentioning it in my makeup posts. The Natasha Denona Blush and Glow Duo is perhaps my favourite makeup product ever. It has the most beautiful highlighter in it and the perfect blush for something natural and radient. I always say this, it is expensive for what it is, but I can't recommend it enough, it is beautiful. I did mention the highlighter part of this product in my HIGHLIGHTERS I'M CURRENTLY LOVING RIGHT NOW post, but now it is time to talk about the blusher. The colour of this blush, I would describe as a true rose gold, it is pink but it has got a golden sheen to it and it that really comes through on the skin. This is like a blusher, highlighter cross but I love that for summer because, like the Too Faced one, it is like a two in one. What I love about this blusher is that, it is shimmery, but it is natural. It gives you the most natural, radient flush ever and I love it. 
The next two are the same formula but just different shades. If you have been following my blog for a while, you will know that I love the Natural Collection Blushers, they are affordable, matte, and have a great range of shades, two of which, I am mentioning today. Firstly, the newest one in my collection the Natural Collection Blush in Apricot Dream. This is in the new packaging, which is definitely an improvement, but the colour is just incredible. It is a really vibrant peachy, pink but the pigmentation of it is just right. When you apply the shade, it isn't super pigmented so you can really build it up. I like this best with a duo fibre brush and I just think that it distributes the product perfectly. Sometimes you just want a matter blush, they look more natural and you tend to get better colour pay off when you use them, so I think, to match an eye look, these blushers are perfect. I also love these blushers on the eyes, just as a little two in one, especially when you match the face to the eyes. 
My other shade is the Natural Collection Blush in Peach Melba which has been with me now for far too long but I still love it and don't want to get rid of it. From the pictures, you will be able to tell that I have already hit pan on it, which I have never done with a blusher before, so I think that just says how much I have worn it over the years. This shade isn't really peach to me, it is more of a muted pink but it is perfect for everyday. It is super natural and it just gives you that little bit more colour, but it is super versatile. I always find myself reaching for this when I have bold eye makeup on and I just want a blusher to enhance it, not distract from it, and this one does that perfectly. 
The final product I am mentioning is a palette, which is the Revolution Blush Palette in Blush Goddess. I love blush palettes, because I love to mix colours to create a perfect colour. This palette is great because the blushers are all matte and each colour is super wearable. I find myself using all of these colours equal amounts because they are all lovely. They are definitely very pigmented so a little bit goes a long way, but they blend really easily and just look super natural on the skin. I definitely think that if you are getting into blush and want to experiment with some shades to see what suits you, a palette like this would be amazing for you.  

I'd love to know what your favourite blushers are, especially for summer, I'd love to try out some of your recommendations!
Grace xx

2 comments:

  1. I still need to try the Milani Blushes, they look so pretty!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! You need to, I'm sure you'd love them!xx

      Delete