Friday 19 July 2019

HIGHLIGHTERS I'M LOVING RIGHT NOW

I love a good highlighter, it is such an essential step in my everyday makeup routine, especially for summer. This post is just a round up of the four main highlighters I have been reaching for right now and ones that I would highly recommend for summer. I've also noticed that each one of these highlighters are very different in both their effect but also price range, so hopefully there is something for everyone in this post. 
I feel like when it comes to talking about makeup on blog, I always seem to mention this but rightly so because it is amazing. I got this about a year ago and it is perhaps my most favourite makeup product ever. It comes with both a blusher and a highlighter as the name would suggest but they are both in such a beautiful formula. The highlighter is such a perfect colour for me and the main reason I actually love it so much is because of how buildable it is. I find that if I do a light dusting of this, it can look super natural but I can also layer it to intensify it which I think is amazing. The colour of this is also a perfect match for me because I can apply as much of it as I want and I won't get a weird looking stripe across my face like some highlighters give me. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone as I think everyone needs something like this in their collection. It is definitely not cheap but I think that it is worth the price and also because it is a powder product, you are going to get a lot of wear out of it. 
Apparently blush and glow is the next best thing, but I am honestly not complaining. This is probably a much more affordable version of that Natasha Denona duo, but they are definitely quite different when you compare the two. This one I find to be a little more intense but also very unique in it's colour. The highlighter is very gold and has an almost yellow sheen to it, but not in a really scary, crazy way, just in a unique kind of way. I find that it still looks very natural on the skin and it matches me very well, but when it hits the sun, it definitely has a strong golden sheen to it. You can definitely build this up to make it look almost metallic which I think is super fun to play around with sometimes, but I also love this for everyday use when I want to mix up my highlighter. 
This has been such a stand-out beauty product for me this year, I just think that I have now found the best way it works for me. I find that applying this on top of foundation but underneath powder is the best way to keep it looking nice and glowly but also intense for when I put a powder highlighter on top. Products like this are so fun to have in your collection as you can do so much with them, like I love to use this as a liquid eye shadow sometimes and I think a lot of people forget that you can use cream face products on your eyes too, I would deifnitely recommend you try it. I just love this highlighter because you can wear it on its own and it just makes your skin look so healthy and hydrated but you can also use it underneath a powder to make it that bit more intense. I will say, the colour of this is a little more difficult for me to work with as it is slightly too dark for me when I'm super fair but as long as I don't apply too much of it and blend it out properly, it is usually all good.  This is definitely such a staple summer makeup product for me and paired with that Natasha Denona duo, it is amazing!
If you love an intense highlighter, then you definitely need this in your collection. On the days where I am wearing a little more makeup or just want something more intense, I will wear this and my lord is it pigmented. It just makes your skin look wet, it's unreal. For me, it is not something I'd wear daily but even on the inner corner or as an eye shadow for all over the lid, it is gorgeous. It is such an amazing gold shade and I find that it works well on me when I'm super fair or a little more tanned. When you initially apply it, it is definitely very intense but I do think that you can make it look more natural by just tapping off the excess or by going over it with a damp sponge just to help pick up any of the excess product.

I would love to hear any of your highlighter recommendations!
Grace xx

8 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try the iconic products, just wish they were available in SA.

    Candice x

    natalyaamour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame as they are such an amazing company!xx

      Delete
  2. Love the Real Techniques brush there for highlighting my cheek bones. It's been my favourite since I got it!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! It's so good for a really intense highlight!xx

      Delete
  3. These look like such fab highlighters Grace, I have always wanted to try an Iconic illuminator! Recently I bought a Fenty Beauty highlighting stick and it is my new favourite thing, gives such a gorgeous glow! x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still so desperate to try Fenty Beauty highlighters, they look beautiful!xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos btw! That blush and glow duo from Natural Collection sounds quite good, I do love their regular translucent powder that's a good'un
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete