Monday 29 July 2019

WHAT'S IN MY SHOWER

So I've been wanting to write a blog post like this for a while now but I have just never gotten around to doing it until today. I think one of the main reasons I put off doing this post for so long was because the previous hair products I used were not cruelty-free but now I have found some that I can say enough good things about. This post is a little different for me but please let me know what you think. 

Like I said before, I have found a shampoo and conditioner that I absolutely love and they are cruelty-free. I have spoken about them a few times, but they are the Inecto Bamboo Shampoo and Conditioner. This duo, for their price, is so amazing. They have a few different types of shampoo and conditioners, which I definitely plan on trying out at some stage, but the Bamboo collection is for strengthening, which is something I am always trying to do with my hair. The shampoo is a gel-type consistency but it lathers up so nicely and the conditioner, once you wash it off, makes your hair so soft. One thing I've always struggled with is getting my hair to look shiny. Most of the time, my hair can look really dry and frizzy, mainly because it is so thick, but this duo does a really good job at taming that, and it does many my hair look shiny and smooth, which I am obsessed with. I honestly think everyone should check out this brand, they have definitely become my new favourite for haircare. 
I am constantly changing up my shower gels, just to keep things new and exciting but for summer, there is nothing I love more than a super sweet scent. The Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Shower Gel is always a favourite for me around summer time as it just smells incredible. It is the perfect balance of citrus and sweet. Plus the formula is amazing, it lathers up great and I love that the scent hangs around for a little bit. 

To use with the shower gel, The Body Shop Luffer is essential for me. I can't imagine using shower gel without a luffer, to be honest, because it just works so well. You get a much better lather and I just feel like it cleans you more. I love the ones by The Body Shop as they are small and compact but they are such good quality, so they do a great job. 

I don't use this every time I shower, but I tend to scrub my face two to three times a week and I prefer to do it in the shower as I just think that is the best way to remove it properly and from the heat of the water, your pores are open so you can properly clean your face. Once again, I have mentioned this a few times but the Formula 10.0.8 Face Scrub is my favourite cruelty-free one I have found. It is definitely on the more intense side so like I said, I don't use it daily but it does such a good job at just making your skin feel super clean and fresh. The smell is also super fruity, so once again, perfect for summer. 
A bit of a random one, especially because I don't know the exact type, but the final thing in my shower is the Gillette Venus Razor. I am not an expert on razors so I don't know the proper name or type or anything but I just know it is the one with disposable heads. These aren't the best for the environment but right now, for the shower, this is what I am currently loving. Especially because it is now summer, I definitely find myself shaving more, just because I have more skin on show and I just prefer to shave than to let it grow out. I wouldn't necessarily say that this is the best razor ever, for me, it does the job and it is definitely something I use in the shower often, so it was worth a mention. 

Let me know if I should try anything new whether that be a new shower gel or perhaps a more eco-friendly razor, I'd love to hear your suggestions!
Grace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment