Wednesday 17 July 2019

SUMMER TBR

To say the least, I have not read anywhere near as much as what I would have liked to at this stage in the year, however, it is never too late to turn around. Now that the summer holidays are (nearly) here, I thought I would put together a few light hearted reads that I think would be perfect for the warmer season. During summer, I love to read romances and fluffy contemporaries and so, majority of these books are exactly that, but I have tried to add in a few others that are more on the fantasy, series side of things which I am also hoping to get to over the next few weeks. Fingers crossed I get a lot of reading done this month so that I'll be able to review some books for you all. 
After - Anna Todd
Perhaps one of the most controversial YA romances of the decade, but I am intrigued and I can't help it. If you haven't already heard of this book, then you have definitely been living under a rock because this has been made into a film this year that has very recently been released onto Netflix, but originally, it was a Harry Style's fanfic on Wattpad, so to say the least, this book has had a pretty unique journey. There are a lot of mixed feelings on this book, but generally, I just want to read it for myself and I think the summer might be the best time for me to get it done. 

To all the Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han
I can't believe I haven't read this series yet, but I am so desperate to read all three before the second film comes out. This series just seems ideal for summer, super fun and light-hearted. From what I've heard, it is a pretty well-loved YA contemporary so hopefully, I will love it too.
The Sun is Also a Star - Nicola Yoon
This was in my 2019 TBR pile and I am still not round to it. I am also pretty sure that the film is either out or coming out very soon so I need to get a move on with all of these new releases. I've heard that this book is super quick to read so I think I might just dedicate one day in summer to reading this book as it shouldn't take me too long. 

Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson
From what I've heard Morgan Matson is supposed to be incredible for her YA contemporary books and this one seemed so perfect for summer. Rather than it revolving around romance, I am pretty sure that this one is more friendship focused which I think will be a nice change away from all of the other super romantic-ish books. This book is over 500 pages though so I'm hoping that it isn't going to drag, but I definitely want to review this one as soon as I get around to reading it. 
Restore Me - Tahereh Mafi
If you have seen any of my previous bookish related posts then you will know that the Shatter Me series has very quickly become some of my favourite books ever and this is the next book in that series. I have put off reading this for months now because the next book wasn't out in the series, but Defy Me is out now which means that I can now read this one. I know that this is going to be a super quick read for me as I just engage with the writing style so much and I am in love with all of the characters, I am just hoping it is as good as all of the other books. 

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix - J. K. Rowling
I am still aiming to read the whole Harry Potter series this year and so this is the next book I am up to. I have put off starting this book for a few months now just because it is pretty big and I know that it might take me a while, but there really is no better time than summer. I should also start to speed up with this series, just so that I can definitely finish it all this year. 

Let me know what books are on your summer TBR, I would love anymore recommendations!
Grace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment