Tuesday 23 July 2019

MY FAVOURITE SONGS BY THE BEATLES

I don't really know whether people know this about me, but I am a huge fan of The Beatles. Ever since I was young, I have always been listening to their music as well as some other 60s classics and right now, they are all I am listening to so I thought that there was no better time for this post than now. I love the majority of songs by The Beatles, but I just wanted to share the ones that I am loving in particular right now, otherwise, we'd be here forever. I understand that The Beatles isn't for everyone, but please give them a chance, I definitely think that they are amazing and you might do too. 

Thought I'd start off with my absolute favourite song by The Beatles and perhaps my most favourite song of all time Twist and Shout. I don't know why it is my favourite song to be completely honest but it has just stuck with me and it is a song that never fails to make me feel happy. This song is just so fun and catchy which is definitely going to make a frequent occurrence in this post because in case you haven't already noticed by my other music posts, I am not one for sad, slow songs, usually. 

Next is I Want to Hold Your Hand which I now love because when I first heard this song, it was a cover from Glee, and if you have heard it, you will know what I mean when I say that it is sad to listen to. However, after now hearing the original, I love it because the lyrics of it are actually very sweet and I love the original pace of the song. It is one that definitely gets stuck in your head but I definitely think that it is worth a listen. 
I can't write this post without mentioning Hey Jude just because, although it is a sad song, it is one that I love dearly and one that I know I will listen to for the rest of my life. My favourite part of this song is the ending just because of how it builds and the power it has by the end, I just think that it is incredible. 

In My Life has become a very recent favourite of mine but I think that the lyrics just take you back to amazing times in your life which you will know what I mean if you listen to it. I also love the way this song was produced and all of the instruments in it, I just think that it is such a beautiful song. 

Another one which I think is just a super fun song that always manages to cheer me up is Eight Days a Week. It is super simple when you listen to it but sometimes you just need a song like this to keep things fun and lighthearted. 

There is something about Drive My Car that I am just constantly obsessed with. It is so catchy and I love the slight rock and roll feel to it, as it just makes it loads of fun. I also think that this has loads of character to it just with the way the song is arranged and the little additions of 'Beep Beep' in it, it just makes it super clever. 
It honestly upsets me that this song is so short because what's of it, it is amazing. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is such a fun song. I love the drums in this song just because it provides the song with such a catchy basis and the way the song changes to the lyrics, it is just great. 

Revolution, once again, has a proper rock and roll feel to it with the electric guitar in the beginning and it just sets the tone for the rest of the song. This is definitely the sort of song that you'd want to dance to, or at least I do. 

Let me know what you think of The Beatles in general and whether you have any favourite songs from them, I'd love to know!
Grace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment